Thread: Tour 2 now the Bold?

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times

Tour 2 now the Bold?

All of you know that I am extremely aggravated with this whole 9650 release. Well it appears I won't be complaining about the Tour 2 anymore! I will be complaining about how Verizon has not released the Bold yet. Wait, Bold? Yes, I said the Bold. There are rumors going around that the Tour 2 known as the 9650 could be possibly getting a name change. We could be seeing the Bold 9650 or 9750. If you think about it, the "Tour 2" should have been a Bold since the beginning. It resembles the 9700 quite a bit, having very little physical differences. Will it keep the 96 numbers or move up to the 97 series? I can't see it staying with the 96 series since that is the Tour numbers and well obviously the 97 is the Bold. Will it be the 9750 or 9700? Why are they doing this? Well lets put it this way..It's Blackberry, what do you expect? I've been waiting since I first heard about the "Tour 2" coming out and I should have known better that I will probably see free health insurance in the USA before Blackberry releases this device. This will probably give Verizon a reason to add another $100.00 dollars to the price for this device since it is now going to be considered a Bold 97xx device. I am sure Verizon's financial department all have smiles on their face with this news. So farewell Tour 2 and I will continue my weekly rants with WHEN IS VERIZON GOING TO RELEASE THE NEW BOLD!??!?!

Derek Zielinski is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Derek Zielinski On Twitter
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    If that's the picture, it looks very very similar to the 9700 Bold. The only thing I am wondering is what RIM is gonna do once the numbers start getting into the 10000's. All these numbers seem to be getting pretty complicated.

locutus is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Liked
    0 times
    So what is so special about the 9650? The 'specs' shouldn't make it a 97xx device, should they?!
    Resistance is futile.
    Therefore, click the LIKE button in the bottom right corner to thank me for a helpful post

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by locutus View Post
    So what is so special about the 9650? The 'specs' shouldn't make it a 97xx device, should they?!
    IMO RIM is trying to get away from the Tour line. Making this a 97XX series device does just that. And, it will make the "Bold" a CDMA device.

locutus is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    IMO RIM is trying to get away from the Tour line. Making this a 97XX series device does just that. And, it will make the "Bold" a CDMA device.
    But what is so wrong about the Tour? Imo it's a great device!
    Resistance is futile.
    Therefore, click the LIKE button in the bottom right corner to thank me for a helpful post

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    I don't think it's the device itself, but more of an image. The Tour released RIGHT before multiple devices were shown/released with a trackpad rather than a trackball. Then, the Tour had trackball issues that were originally denied by the carriers. A replacement build was issued. Two months after the Tour released there was talk of the Tour 2. It hasn't been a good "PR" experience especially from the Verizon standpoint who still haven't released an official 5.0 OS. New customers will not understand this is merely a re-branded Tour 2.

bbprintz215 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow bbprintz215 On Twitter
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't care what its called. I just want RIM and VZW to release it! I have been waiting for this device for about a month and a half and I don't know how much longer I can wait!

Bitpartdemon is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bitpartdemon On Twitter
    PIN
    2350E958
    Device
    9800/ PB
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Seriously?! All this time it was 9650 and now maybe 9750?! Well I guess if they want it to be the 'next best thing' they have to make the number higher than the last one? Either way why hang on to the release? Just get it out there. At least that way the rumours of the 'next best thing' can start again!
    Posted via mobile device

1XEV Gary is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    A.S.K.
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.484 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Bold 9750

bbprintz215 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow bbprintz215 On Twitter
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitpartdemon View Post
    Seriously?! All this time it was 9650 and now maybe 9750?! Well I guess if they want it to be the 'next best thing' they have to make the number higher than the last one? Either way why hang on to the release? Just get it out there. At least that way the rumours of the 'next best thing' can start again!
    Posted via mobile device
    I agree with you completely, but the reason they have been dicking around with the release is because VZW has not released an Official 5.0 OS for the 9630. Just think how pissed 9630 owners would be if they released this device without giving them an OS update. They would be even more pissed than they already are for the next generation of the device being released within a year, who knows by the time it drops, of the 1st gen

nadeau526 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    30D7EAD2
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Trackball and the lack of wifi!!!

nadeau526 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    30D7EAD2
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbprintz215 View Post
    I agree with you completely, but the reason they have been dicking around with the release is because VZW has not released an Official 5.0 OS for the 9630. Just think how pissed 9630 owners would be if they released this device without giving them an OS update. They would be even more pissed than they already are for the next generation of the device being released within a year, who knows by the time it drops, of the 1st gen
    My tour when i went to vzw website and click on update my os it sent me to BB update and loaded 5.0.191 onto my phone..... so it must be released from verizon to be able to do that??

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nadeau526 View Post
    My tour when i went to vzw website and click on update my os it sent me to BB update and loaded 5.0.191 onto my phone..... so it must be released from verizon to be able to do that??
    5.0.0.191 is too low of a version to ever be officially released by a carrier.