Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS

Release the Essex!!!

What happened to the Essex? Where is it? It seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. RIM better hope not since the Essex is going to be the first device released in 2010. Not to mention it has HUGE competition now, especially with the Nexus just being released. So really, where is it? Has RIM finished production and is it Verizon who is holding off on this? Lately there has been no talk about this device in a while. Hell, there has been more talk about the new pearl, which had some kind of rumor tied with it and CES 2010. But I don't care about the "Striker", I want the damn Essex! The WiFi, trackpad Tour!! I'm pointing the finger at Verizon. Verizon is slower then the economy. How long did it take them to finally release a new official OS for the first Storm? How many other carriers release OS's for their Blackberry line up and how many does Verizon do? Yes, none, zip, nada. I can openly admit that the most stupid thing I have done in 2009 was switch to Verizon. Hell, T-mobile is better then Verizon. Verizon needs to stop worrying about who they are going to file lawsuits against because of slogans and worry keeping their Blackberry users happy. Does not take much, just throw out an OS once in a while or something. AT&T should start getting good ol' Luke to just say "Verizon sucks, AT&T is better". It would not be lying, it's blunt and gets right to the point. If this is an indication of how this year is going to be with Verizon and RIM, I can see RIM stats hit an all time low as they watch Android break records. This is not a good start to the new year. RIM and Verizon have two options really, either they get off their butts and get things rolling or they get off their butts and walk to the unemployment line. Time to wake up!!!

JustinD is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    9550 & 9630
    OS
    You must not be sober right now....Tmo or At&t BETTER than verizon ???

You must not like your phone to actually work in all areas of the country.

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
    You must not be sober right now....Tmo or At&t BETTER than verizon ???

You must not like your phone to actually work in all areas of the country.
    At the moment it's how Verizon is making themselves look to their Blackberry customer base. They may have an up on 3G then the other carriers but when it comes to Blackberry, Verizon is slacking. I may be the only one who thinks that. At the same time its not just verizon, its RIM as well. Every device is the same style/concept. They have a lot of work to do if they want to keep up in the game that they are quickly losing.

E-man is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    I can't really see the Essex hitting a large consumer market for Verizon, especially with many of their current customers switching to touch screen devices. The Nexus and other Google phones are becoming very sought after throughout the different U.S. carriers and releasing the Essex seems pretty pointless.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post
    I can't really see the Essex hitting a large consumer market for Verizon, especially with many of their current customers switching to touch screen devices. The Nexus and other Google phones are becoming very sought after throughout the different U.S. carriers and releasing the Essex seems pretty pointless.
    I agree. The Essex would just be the same old boring story with RIM. Take an existing phone add one or two features and charge consumers as it's a new phone. It gets old quick. BY the middle of 2010 there will be so many quality Droid devices on the market that unless something revolutionary comes out of the RIM camp they are going to get squashed.

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I agree. The Essex would just be the same old boring story with RIM. Take an existing phone add one or two features and charge consumers as it's a new phone. It gets old quick. BY the middle of 2010 there will be so many quality Droid devices on the market that unless something revolutionary comes out of the RIM camp they are going to get squashed.
    Actually, I am not that sure about this. I would fully agree, when it comes to consumer market, but in case of business, there aren't many of the 'old BB customers', that I know, that I could see changing to a touchscreen device, too new, to fancy for them...dunno.

E-man is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    I agree that this new bb will only target a finite group that cannot get away from berry's, however that will prove to not be very profitable where a larger extent of clientele is moving towards smarter smart phones with full touch screen and better features.

zakth is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    304f80f5
    Device
    OS
    I'm actually wanting to upgrade from the Storm 1 to the Tour 2 once it's out. Though I'm starting to think maybe I should wait for the Nexus 1 to reach VZW.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast