Thread: Release the Essex!!!

zakth is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    304f80f5
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I do not think RIM or any other company could truly make the "ultimate" device. But what I think RIM should do is create a new OS from the ground up for their touch screen devices. The way I see it, if they are going to continue to create touch devices then having an OS built just for those would be a good idea. I'm not saying the interface has to look a whole lot different but it should be built for finger-use instead of based on the same ol' mouse design.

Current OS: 5.0.0.451
    Feel free to contact me via BBM; 304f80f5
    Coming soon... bbota.net; ad-free downloads for your BB. Contact me via PM or BBM to submit your APP link.

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    hm, which functions are you missing?

popusito is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    At least you guys in the USA get the blackberry before us Canucks..but IMHO think RIM has come out big with the changes of the OS and looks of the units and one of the good things that BB has is that the phones can take some punishment unlike others....BWT i want the Essex it would be a great upgrade coming from a curve!!!

louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Not meant to go off topic but honestly doesn't iphones all look the same? What is the difference between android devices when it comes to design? In fact to those claiming the Droid is the perfect device, aren't so many complaints against the physical keyboard.
    Honestly tell me what device is perfect to the eye and functionability out of the box?

And no blackberry is not the perfect device but honestly tell me which one does better then bb when it comes to security, push email, multitasking, just to mention a few
    Posted via mobile device
    I have to agree wholeheartedly. For those in a professional enterprise setting where push e-mail, security, IT SUPPORT (in-house IT will NOT provide support for iPhone or Google/Android products), integration with existing platforms, etc. are not only preferred but also are absolutely required, nothing beats the BlackBerry. Give me function over form everyday. I would still be using my 7250 if (a) it had decent software support and (b) I could stop killing the clickwheels from (over)use.

I understand the "wow" factor of many of the other devices. However, and this goes to something on which I have spoken previously, people need to keep their expectations in-line. You want bells and whistles, get something else. You want secure push e-mail that works, get a BlackBerry.
    It's still real to me, dammit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
    Who's awesome? You're awesome!
    NOCJ http://nocj.urbanup.com/4256654
    Any fool knows a Dog needs a home, a shelter from Pigs on the Wing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAYR5NReE8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Omz...layer_embedded

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by louwiid View Post
    I have to agree wholeheartedly. For those in a professional enterprise setting where push e-mail, security, IT SUPPORT (in-house IT will NOT provide support for iPhone or Google/Android products), integration with existing platforms, etc. are not only preferred but also are absolutely required, nothing beats the BlackBerry. Give me function over form everyday. I would still be using my 7250 if (a) it had decent software support and (b) I could stop killing the clickwheels from (over)use.

I understand the "wow" factor of many of the other devices. However, and this goes to something on which I have spoken previously, people need to keep their expectations in-line. You want bells and whistles, get something else. You want secure push e-mail that works, get a BlackBerry.
    good god i had almost forgot about the wonderful thumb wheels.. god i loved those

KristinaRocks is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow KristinaRocks On Twitter
    PIN
    310E5216
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Seriously. I would like to know why RIM isnt releasing the 9650. I recently upgraded to the 9630, and I know that I, personally, am not going to be butt hurt in the slightest when the 9650 comes out. However, I have heard that several people are going to be butt hurt about this. From what I've heard thus far, carriers won't be giving any kind of discount or trade in option for customers who have recently upgraded, when the 9650 is released. It's in Sprint and VZW's system so at least we know that its coming. But it almost makes me wonder why they're still holding onto it. Are they trying to give it the ability to turn my shower on? Ha! But, seriously.. Release it already!
    =)

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by louwiid View Post

But since Blackberry is only appealing to the business consumer side, it is going to hurt them in the long run. They admitted that the Storm devices where to break into the younger crowds. Well, both of those devices sucked. Blackberry will ALWAYS hold rank when it comes to business users but if Blackberry expects to be in the running for the younger crowd, they need to come at a different approach. Like I said on the show earlier, the younger crowd is all about the "wow" factor. Yes at first everyone is like WOW the Storm or the Storm 2 but then they use it and quickly lose that wow factor.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristinaRocks View Post
    Seriously. I would like to know why RIM isnt releasing the 9650. I recently upgraded to the 9630, and I know that I, personally, am not going to be butt hurt in the slightest when the 9650 comes out. However, I have heard that several people are going to be butt hurt about this. From what I've heard thus far, carriers won't be giving any kind of discount or trade in option for customers who have recently upgraded, when the 9650 is released. It's in Sprint and VZW's system so at least we know that its coming. But it almost makes me wonder why they're still holding onto it. Are they trying to give it the ability to turn my shower on? Ha! But, seriously.. Release it already!
    =)
    The reason is that VZW is slower than watching mollasis roll up a hill against a strong breeze. They are still finalizing the release OS. The last one was having issues keeping a 3G connection.

louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Wyman View Post
    But since Blackberry is only appealing to the business consumer side, it is going to hurt them in the long run. They admitted that the Storm devices where to break into the younger crowds. Well, both of those devices sucked. Blackberry will ALWAYS hold rank when it comes to business users but if Blackberry expects to be in the running for the younger crowd, they need to come at a different approach. Like I said on the show earlier, the younger crowd is all about the "wow" factor. Yes at first everyone is like WOW the Storm or the Storm 2 but then they use it and quickly lose that wow factor.
    That is a good point, Brett. I have never purchased a smartphone for any use other than business purpose, so function is more important than form for me. However, I understand how "the kids" want the blingiest thing possible.

It seems like it would make more sense for RIM to branch off and create a series of BIS-only devices (I do not think RIM would abandon its platform on a wholesale basis, though this would make more sense from an innovation standpoint) and load them up with more "funfone" features (snappier browser; better media player; etc.).

FYI, the Android OS is growing its market share at the fastest rate.

http://paul.kedrosky.com/WindowsLive...ne-share_2.png
    It's still real to me, dammit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
    Who's awesome? You're awesome!
    NOCJ http://nocj.urbanup.com/4256654
    Any fool knows a Dog needs a home, a shelter from Pigs on the Wing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAYR5NReE8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Omz...layer_embedded

PROB1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow PROB1 On Twitter
    PIN
    3229CE01
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Wyman View Post
    At the moment it's how Verizon is making themselves look to their Blackberry customer base. They may have an up on 3G then the other carriers but when it comes to Blackberry, Verizon is slacking. I may be the only one who thinks that. At the same time its not just verizon, its RIM as well. Every device is the same style/concept. They have a lot of work to do if they want to keep up in the game that they are quickly losing.

I agree, the 3G service is great, but the BB customer service leaves a lot to be desired!

PROB1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow PROB1 On Twitter
    PIN
    3229CE01
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post
    I can't really see the Essex hitting a large consumer market for Verizon, especially with many of their current customers switching to touch screen devices. The Nexus and other Google phones are becoming very sought after throughout the different U.S. carriers and releasing the Essex seems pretty pointless.
    Tried a touch screen device AKA Storm, I don't think switching to a non-touch screen device is going to be an issue. Non- touch screen is sooooo much better!

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PROB1 View Post
    Tried a touch screen device AKA Storm, I don't think switching to a non-touch screen device is going to be an issue. Non- touch screen is sooooo much better!
    Why is that so? Touch have much larger displays, the virtual keyboard is working great - so what is it, that makes you stay with non-touch? No harm meant just curious!

carterrptr99 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30F57072
    Device
    TOUR 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    release this already

Andrax is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    9630 (Tour)
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Totally agree. Although if it waits to come out I can put off switching my plan off the cherry legacy plan I currently have for a few months. Although I really want to get a google phone as well. *sigh* More memory, wifi, and trackpad are going to be much loved when they finally come home to roost.

So much for that early February release the 2nd or 3rd eh?

Bitpartdemon is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bitpartdemon On Twitter
    PIN
    2350E958
    Device
    9800/ PB
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    this is in the works i know, but any thoughts on when?? and will it be better in any way than the 9700? I only ask as i don't want to get the 9700 only to find out there is a better BB for release so soon.

I've read through this thread and i agree with one persons statement of BB being more about function than the iphone is for form. But really is there anything the iphone can do that the 9700 can't?

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitpartdemon View Post
    this is in the works i know, but any thoughts on when?? and will it be better in any way than the 9700? I only ask as i don't want to get the 9700 only to find out there is a better BB for release so soon.

I've read through this thread and i agree with one persons statement of BB being more about function than the iphone is for form. But really is there anything the iphone can do that the 9700 can't?
    I still think the 9700 will be better. But the 9650 will be the best keypad BlackBerry on Verizon/Sprint.

Bitpartdemon is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bitpartdemon On Twitter
    PIN
    2350E958
    Device
    9800/ PB
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks I guess depending on when I can get a new BB at all I will decide then.
    Posted via mobile device

akosnitzky is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow akosnitzky On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    At this point, we are waiting for Verizon to release their first official OS for the 9630. This is the same protocol that was used with the Storm
    LETS GO CANES!

Twitter: @akosnitzky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12