PIN
    Device
    ßOLD 9000
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    5 times
    Wirelessly posted

My wife's bold running 5.0.0.190 is not showing the asterick that appears on your sms/mms icon when new msg received. I just can't seem to figure out why, sometimes the led doesn't blink but that may have to do with one of the applications she's running, berrybuzz led or something along those lines.

Any idea on how to correct the problem? I tried battery pulls, clearing her memory and such just to make sure but no luck.
    Last edited by wickedways; 10-20-2009 at 11:18 PM.

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedways View Post
    Wirelessly posted

My wife's bold running 5.0.0.190 is not showing the asterick that appears on your sms/mms icon when new msg received. I just can't seem to figure out why, sometimes the led doesn't blink but that may have to do with one of the applications she's running, berrybuzz led or something along those lines.

Any idea on how to correct the problem? I tried battery pulls, clearing her memory and such just to make sure but no luck.
    Was everything working before and this is a new issue?

BBphreak is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BBphreak On Twitter
    PIN
    GED your IP ;)
    Device
    9700/9000
    OS
    >>.421/.411
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedways View Post
    Wirelessly posted

Backup her data, and do a full wipe then upgrade her Bold to 5.0.0.238....it runs quite well, much better than .190... and doesn't have an issue with the SMS icon notification, at least I had no such issue.

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BBphreak View Post
    Backup her data, and do a full wipe then upgrade her Bold to 5.0.0.238....it runs quite well, much better than .190... and doesn't have an issue with the SMS icon notification, at least I had no such issue.
    Well wonderful! Ummm that was my next suggestion LOL...

wickedways is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow wickedways On Twitter
    PIN
    Device
    ßOLD 9000
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    5 times
    Haha. I tried that new beta and wasn't too happy but the reason still persist on its prior ver so I just may very well upgrade hers and see what happens. Thanks for your inputs!