Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times

AT&T to support Visual Voicemail with .297

AT&T customers will now be able to access visual voicemail with the pending release of 4.6.0.297 Official on or around the 25th.

From AT&T Internal (thanks to allcoast over at CB.com!)

pink2 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow pink2 On Twitter
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I can't believe it will be free!! I can't wait for this to come out!!

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Looks like they are really trying to compete

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Looks like they are really trying to compete
    Don't forget you must have their $30 data plan now.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Don't forget you must have their $30 data plan now.
    True...but with vzw it's been mandatory for a while

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    I've seen some screen shots of VVM and it looks really nice. Not as slick as iPhone and Storm but very functional.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    I've seen some screen shots of VVM and it looks really nice. Not as slick as iPhone and Storm but very functional.
    VZW VVM had bugs plus $2.99 per month....I called and told them to cancel it until they fix bugs Also, wrote suggestions to VZW :22:

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    VZW VVM had bugs plus $2.99 per month....I called and told them to cancel it until they fix bugs Also, wrote suggestions to VZW :22:
    Yeah I used to get my messages an hour to 3 or 4 days after they were left. It sucked. When they finally came through there would be like 10 all at once. Oh well, let's hope AT&T does a better job

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Yeah I used to get my messages an hour to 3 or 4 days after they were left. It sucked. When they finally came through there would be like 10 all at once. Oh well, let's hope AT&T does a better job
    Yeah, I did have that too....how frustrating!!! Also, the no speaker option and no lock bothered me....I hope too that AT&T put more thought into this feature as well.

hughker is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Bold.
    OS
    5.0.0.5929 (1004)
    Liked
    0 times
    I called AT&T earlier today to have them add Visual Voicemail. It took the lady a bit of time to get it added, but she eventually made it happen.

However, for some reason I cannot get it to "Provision". After many battery pulls and resending of Service Books, still no joy.
    I am running this OS: http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...-c-9000-a.html.

I think I'll just have to wait 'til the official release of the AT&T OS for the VVM to work.

Has anyone been able to successfully get it to work?

-Cheers!

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hughker View Post
    I called AT&T earlier today to have them add Visual Voicemail. It took the lady a bit of time to get it added, but she eventually made it happen.

However, for some reason I cannot get it to "Provision". After many battery pulls and resending of Service Books, still no joy.
    I am running this OS: http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...-c-9000-a.html.

I think I'll just have to wait 'til the official release of the AT&T OS for the VVM to work.

Has anyone been able to successfully get it to work?

-Cheers!
    I know people who have it working on .282 but not on .292. The official OS for AT&T is available tomorrow so I'm like you I would just wait

Device
    Bold.
    OS
    5.0.0.5929 (1004)
    Liked
    0 times
    I know people who have it working on .282 but not on .292. The official OS for AT&T is available tomorrow so I'm like you I would just wait
    Thanks for the info. I actually updated from .282 to .292 b/c I thought it was the only way to get the VVM to work... Oh well.
    I've been using YouMail for some time now… But I rly only like it for the Email it sends to me for a missed call or VM.

Definitely looking forward to FREE Visual Voicemail from AT&T tho.

-Cheers!

aceroller is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    BOLD 9000
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

VVM Question

I called and had this added yesterday. The rep. said it was only available on the iphone, then she looked in the system and said, "wow....it is available for the BOLD". She then provisioned it and it has been working great. The only thing is that I get the regular VM icon and a email icon everytime I get a new message.....They go into the Message folder as well as the VVM app. Is there any way to just get the VM icon and not an email icon also?

Thanks.

Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    What is the difference between this and youmail?

Device
    Bold.
    OS
    5.0.0.5929 (1004)
    Liked
    0 times
    Once the AT&T Rep added the Visual Voicemail feature, I had to do a battery-pull and let it sit for a few seconds. Then once it booted up, I did the following:

When to the Phone and brought up the Options.
    Selected Voice Mail and made sure that the number was: +13174379963
    Then I dialed my Voicemail and followed the prompts to setup my new mailbox. [When you add Visual Voicemail, it deletes your old mailbox and sets you up with a new mailbox.]

After I listened to the prompts and was done setting up my new mailbox.
    I went to the Visual Voicemail icon on my Home Screen and entered my password.

I now have my Visual Voicemail setup and working. I haven't run into any issues, so far. But I will post any issues I encounter.

Hopefully that helps and you're able to activate Visual Voicemail, if you haven't already.

-Cheers!

xplode is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    the VVM runs flawlessly on .297. you will all be very pleased when it officially launches

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Successfully called ahead and had AT&T provision 3 of my Bolds for VVM today in order to beat the rush tomorrow Told them to use provisioning code BBVV and to check their Phoenix vs Billing system and voila'

First person said no way it can't be done. Argued for a minute then gave up, hung up, called back, second lady knew the scoop, provisioned my devices and we're all good to go. Now when all hell breaks loose tomorrow during the software upgrade I won't have to sit on eternal hold trying to get my lines provisioned.

For any doubters that are still out there... here is the visual voicemail left by the AT&T customer service person as a test on my phone after provisioning my account.

You do NOT have to have the .297 software for this to work. THEY think you do but you don't

sunkast Guest
    First person said no way it can't be done. Argued for a minute then gave up, hung up, called back, second lady knew the scoop, provisioned my devices and we're all good to go.
    Don't you love that.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Don't you love that.
    Very typical though :aargh4:

xplode is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Successfully called ahead and had AT&T provision 3 of my Bolds for VVM today in order to beat the rush tomorrow Told them to use provisioning code BBVV and to check their Phoenix vs Billing system and voila'

First person said no way it can't be done. Argued for a minute then gave up, hung up, called back, second lady knew the scoop, provisioned my devices and we're all good to go. Now when all hell breaks loose tomorrow during the software upgrade I won't have to sit on eternal hold trying to get my lines provisioned.

For any doubters that are still out there... here is the visual voicemail left by the AT&T customer service person as a test on my phone after provisioning my account.

You do NOT have to have the .297 software for this to work. THEY think you do but you don't
    your correct you can use .282, .285 and a few of the other older OS's.. but it works even better on .297

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast