Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Successfully called ahead and had AT&T provision 3 of my Bolds for VVM today in order to beat the rush tomorrow Told them to use provisioning code BBVV and to check their Phoenix vs Billing system and voila'

First person said no way it can't be done. Argued for a minute then gave up, hung up, called back, second lady knew the scoop, provisioned my devices and we're all good to go. Now when all hell breaks loose tomorrow during the software upgrade I won't have to sit on eternal hold trying to get my lines provisioned.

For any doubters that are still out there... here is the visual voicemail left by the AT&T customer service person as a test on my phone after provisioning my account.

You do NOT have to have the .297 software for this to work. THEY think you do but you don't

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    First person said no way it can't be done. Argued for a minute then gave up, hung up, called back, second lady knew the scoop, provisioned my devices and we're all good to go.
    Don't you love that.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Don't you love that.
    Very typical though :aargh4:

Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    Successfully called ahead and had AT&T provision 3 of my Bolds for VVM today in order to beat the rush tomorrow Told them to use provisioning code BBVV and to check their Phoenix vs Billing system and voila'

First person said no way it can't be done. Argued for a minute then gave up, hung up, called back, second lady knew the scoop, provisioned my devices and we're all good to go. Now when all hell breaks loose tomorrow during the software upgrade I won't have to sit on eternal hold trying to get my lines provisioned.

For any doubters that are still out there... here is the visual voicemail left by the AT&T customer service person as a test on my phone after provisioning my account.

You do NOT have to have the .297 software for this to work. THEY think you do but you don't
    your correct you can use .282, .285 and a few of the other older OS's.. but it works even better on .297

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    More info on VVM:

1. VVM's integrate into regular message list and can be deleted from there without even accessing the VVM app. This is really handy if you want to clean them up in a hurry. You can also hit the BB key and select Forward As and forward voicemails as an audio file via MMS or Email. Very cool

2. Notification pops up with incoming message and shows the contact pic you have saved for that person (assuming they're in your contacts).

3. Here is the notification you will see on your app menu or homescreen (will vary depending on your theme).

Device
    BOLD 9000
    OS
    Any way to have it not go into the Message folder?

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    If there is, I cannot find it. It did that on the Storm also if I'm remembering correctly.

Device
    BOLD 9000
    OS
    I don't mind it too much.....just don't like getting a VM icon and a Email icon for every VVM message. I guess I can't complain over something that's free.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast