Can't download attachments :S
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Can't download attachments :S

  1. #1
    Ahmedtiko's Avatar
    Ahmedtiko is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dubai
    PIN
    PM me
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.464
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    1 times

    Can't download attachments :S

    I got an email with a power point document attached. i tried to download it, but it only offered me to (view attachment) and i remember i once had the option to download attachments, was it a program that i installed? :S




  2. #2
    Ahmedtiko's Avatar
    Ahmedtiko is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dubai
    PIN
    PM me
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.464
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    1 times
    btw, i also checked in my applications, i do have the blackberry attachment service.

  3. #3
    sunkast Guest
    Can you download/save it after viewing?

  4. #4
    Ahmedtiko's Avatar
    Ahmedtiko is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dubai
    PIN
    PM me
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.464
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    1 times
    i dunno lol
    its not even opening the attachment right now..
    but wat i mean is where is the OPTION of "download attachment?"

  5. #5
    sunkast Guest
    It may be that there isn't an option to download for power point files. But I've never got one so I don't know for sure. Just speculation.

  6. #6
    Ahmedtiko's Avatar
    Ahmedtiko is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dubai
    PIN
    PM me
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.464
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    1 times
    ah no.. i know i had this option before. for all attachments :S
    it must be something i installed before and i cant find it anymore

  7. #7
    sunkast Guest
    Do you have docs2go installed? That's the only other thing I can think of that may make a difference.

  8. #8
    Ahmedtiko's Avatar
    Ahmedtiko is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dubai
    PIN
    PM me
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.464
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    1 times
    i do have doc2go

  9. #9
    sunkast Guest
    Did some asking around for you and came up with a couple more ideas to try.

    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications > BlackBerry Attachment Service > BB Button > Edit Permissions and set allow on all.

    If that doesn't work try this next idea.

    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Highlight the "Phone." Do not click > BB Button > Edit Permissions and set allow on all.

  10. #10
    Ahmedtiko's Avatar
    Ahmedtiko is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dubai
    PIN
    PM me
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.464
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Did some asking around for you and came up with a couple more ideas to try.

    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications > BlackBerry Attachment Service > BB Button > Edit Permissions and set allow on all.

    If that doesn't work try this next idea.

    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Highlight the "Phone." Do not click > BB Button > Edit Permissions and set allow on all.
    Done and done, but still

  11. #11
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Morning'
    I'll send a power point attachment to my device and see If I can D/L it.
    I'm like sunkast on this one. I don't believe it will let you D/L that one. May only let you view it.
    Stand by

    **Edit**

    I sent an email with a PowerPoint attachment to my device. I was given two options.
    The first option was to Open Attachment. The second option was to download attachment.
    I was able to proceed with both options.
    The open option is to simply view the attachment and the download option allows you to save the attachment to a folder on your device.
    Last edited by MePascal; 08-12-2009 at 07:50 AM.

  12. #12
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    Morning'
    I'll send a power point attachment to my device and see If I can D/L it.
    I'm like sunkast on this one. I don't believe it will let you D/L that one. May only let you view it.
    Stand by

    **Edit**

    I sent an email with a PowerPoint attachment to my device. I was given two options.
    The first option was to Open Attachment. The second option was to download attachment.
    I was able to proceed with both options.
    The open option is to simply view the attachment and the download option allows you to save the attachment to a folder on your device.
    you dont have doc2go premium do you Me?

  13. #13
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    you dont have doc2go premium do you Me?
    I did not buy up my friend. I am able to download packages/attachment up to 2.9 Mb.
    That all I got. Just the standard Doc2Go package that came loaded on the device.

  14. #14
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedtiko View Post
    Done and done, but still
    Does it say how large the file is for this attachment

  15. #15
    Ahmedtiko's Avatar
    Ahmedtiko is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dubai
    PIN
    PM me
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.464
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    1 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedtiko View Post
    Done and done, but still
    Does it say how large the file is for this attachment
    Its 159k..

    The thing is, I used to have the option of downloading, am missing the whole option of allowing me to download attachments..
    I dunno how this happened, but I think I remember installing some application from crackberry, long time ago that allows me to "download"

  16. #16
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedtiko View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    Its 159k..

    The thing is, I used to have the option of downloading, am missing the whole option of allowing me to download attachments..
    I dunno how this happened, but I think I remember installing some application from crackberry, long time ago that allows me to "download"
    no, that is a native feature....

    what os do you have again
    ?

  17. #17
    Ahmedtiko's Avatar
    Ahmedtiko is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dubai
    PIN
    PM me
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.464
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    1 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedtiko View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    Its 159k..

    The thing is, I used to have the option of downloading, am missing the whole option of allowing me to download attachments..
    I dunno how this happened, but I think I remember installing some application from crackberry, long time ago that allows me to "download"
    no, that is a native feature....

    what os do you have again
    ?
    I got the bbc hybrid v1

  18. #18
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedtiko View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    I got the bbc hybrid v1
    Ok, are you on BES?

  19. #19
    Ahmedtiko's Avatar
    Ahmedtiko is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dubai
    PIN
    PM me
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.464
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    1 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedtiko View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    I got the bbc hybrid v1
    Ok, are you on BES?
    Wats bes?

  20. #20
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Is your phone through work or personal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •