Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Zielinski View Post
    I changed my Bold trackball but I didn't take off the LCD because it is unnecessary. As long as you have pointy tweezers you can get the metal case around the trackball on and off easily. BTW I got all my parts (black bezel, black battery cover, black trackball, and black side buttons) from cnn.cn and I am pleased. The owner is great and will send you replacement parts for free if something happens to them. Also, they sent me a free screwdriver and case opener. I highly recommend them.
    Thanks Derek and welcome to BBOS.

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by hughker View Post
    Just replaced the OEM trackball for a Black one. It took me around 7-minutes to do it all.
    I opted to keep the screen connected to the main-board. [I didn't like the idea of separating it from the double-sided tape.]
    The hardest part I had was trying to get that bloody metal casing off… I bent it up pretty good.

Does anyone know if you can purchase the metal casing on any site? I am worried that I bent it too much when trying to pry it off.

-Cheers!
    If you are referring to the metal casing that the trackball resides in...Then I agree with you, that was the only part that was being a bitch. It would not come off, unclipped or whatever you want to call it. It def was not as easy as that video said it woul dbe to get it off.

Device
    Bold.
    OS
    5.0.0.5929 (1004)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Welcome to BlackberryOS. You could try GSMPhone-Unlocking or Horizon. Both sell BlackBerry parts.

Thank you. I actually found it on OEM Blackberry Bold 9000 Trackball Holder/Cover.

Now I just need to find out where to get the White Sticker that I had to puncture in order to replace the trackball.
    Does anyone know where to get a sticker and if that sticker is a Water Damage Indicator?

-Cheers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123