BBM 5 question

Thread: BBM 5 question

qmvp15 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times

BBM 5 question

I downloaded BBM 5 on my bold the other day but how come only one of my contacts has there picture as there avatar and all my other contacts dont? I didnt do anything for this to happen it just did and Iv been trying to figure it out and find a way to do this??? anyone know how to?

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

Did contacts have pictures before? Also keep in mind that anyone that uses older bbm, will not have an avatar.

Ahmedtiko is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    PM me
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by qmvp15 View Post
    I downloaded BBM 5 on my bold the other day but how come only one of my contacts has there picture as there avatar and all my other contacts dont? I didnt do anything for this to happen it just did and Iv been trying to figure it out and find a way to do this??? anyone know how to?
    its the person himself who sets a picture as his avatar. so your other contacts didnt put pictures.

but most probably its the guy with the picture who has BBM5 and the other people are still on the old BBM.

Liked
    0 times
    Ohh.. well i know the picture that is coming up is my girlfriends facebook pic...I also know that she doesnt have BBM 5, so i dont think its cause of that...All my contacts that have facebook all have there facebook pics on my contacts list...

Ahmedtiko is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    PM me
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Ohh.. well i know the picture that is coming up is my girlfriends facebook pic...I also know that she doesnt have BBM 5, so i dont think its cause of that...All my contacts that have facebook all have there facebook pics on my contacts list...
    Weird!! well, am no BlackBerry expert, and someone will probably more useful to u, but i would have to say, maybe because you have your girlfriend's bbm contact linked to her bb contact, as in her number on ur fone. and thats why the bbm retreived the pic from your contacts.

and by the way, you shouldnt let your girlfriend get the new bbm, i installed it on my girlfriends fone and now she wants to know what my location is, every five minutes mfg:mfg:mfg: lol

Liked
    0 times
    LOL i saw that feature and i thought the samething..LMAO

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your help. I guess one day ill figure it out and know how it happend and how i can do it...

P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedtiko View Post
    Weird!! well, am no BlackBerry expert, and someone will probably more useful to u, but i would have to say, maybe because you have your girlfriend's bbm contact linked to her bb contact, as in her number on ur fone. and thats why the bbm retreived the pic from your contacts.

and by the way, you shouldnt let your girlfriend get the new bbm, i installed it on my girlfriends fone and now she wants to know what my location is, every five minutes mfg:mfg:mfg: lol

When you installed BBM 5 it gives you the option to link your BBM contacts with your Blackberry device address book. I bet your GF's facebook picture is in your address book as well.

If you have other pictures of contacts and want them on your BBM, just highlight their name, select the bb button and scroll to Link to Blackberry Contact.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    When you installed BBM 5 it gives you the option to link your BBM contacts with your Blackberry device address book. I bet your GF's facebook picture is in your address book as well.

If you have other pictures of contacts and want them on your BBM, just highlight their name, select the bb button and scroll to Link to Blackberry Contact.

Highlight there name in the BBM or in my contacts list?? cause when i do that it doesnt say Link to Blackberry Contact...Just seeing if im doing it right..

sunkast Guest
    Highlight there name in the BBM or in my contacts list?? cause when i do that it doesnt say Link to Blackberry Contact...Just seeing if im doing it right..
    Did you also press the menu button?

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Did you also press the menu button?
    I found the spot where the blackberry contact link is.... and all of my BBM friends are linked, so i dont know y just my gf's pic shows up and not anyone else's

sunkast Guest
    You could try a battery pull, might reset everything. Otherwise it could be just because it's not an official version. There are a lot of unknowns yet.

Liked
    0 times
    Alright well i did a battery pull and it worked everyone else's pics popped up....thanks for the help everyone...