which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    seems to be an issue with the gps...

lets try this, go to options, status, once in there pull the keyboard and type test
    on the next screen hit the menu key and select run, check mark gps, then click run. and follow the onscreen instructions, just a note, if you are not in an open sky area that might not work, but you can try anyways if that doesnt solve the issue we need to look for another solution.

just to make sure we are talking about the storm right? have to ask because your profile list two diff devices..

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    lets try this, go to options, status, once in there pull the keyboard and type test
    on the next screen hit the menu key and select run, check mark gps, then click run. and follow the onscreen instructions, just a note, if you are not in an open sky area that might not work, but you can try anyways if that doesnt solve the issue we need to look for another solution.
    Great idea!

Device
    Motorola Razr2
    yup the storm.

ok here is what it says and I'm standing right near the window of my apartment. The window is open btw next to the fire escape.

GPS Input: Go outdoors and get the GPS receiver fixed to satellites by clicking the Start Fixing menu item.

Expected Output: Device should fix to one or more satellites and the obtained location updates should be displayed belw.

Current State: Idle

GPS Info: *this area appears blank*

I try to hit the BB key but nothing happens. If I hold the BB key it brings up the list of programs running in the background.

PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by berryuser View Post
    yup the storm.

ok here is what it says and I'm standing right near the window of my apartment. The window is open btw next to the fire escape.

GPS Input: Go outdoors and get the GPS receiver fixed to satellites by clicking the Start Fixing menu item.

Expected Output: Device should fix to one or more satellites and the obtained location updates should be displayed belw.

Current State: Idle

GPS Info: *this area appears blank*

I try to hit the BB key but nothing happens. If I hold the BB key it brings up the list of programs running in the background.
    how long it took to show idle... that means the gps doesnt found a satellite to get the gps signal, as i told you it doesnt work usually in indoor situations...

Device
    Motorola Razr2
    it said Idle the moment I hit the test button for the GPS

Is there any way to stop this GPS test? It's not frozen cause I can rotate the screen and it switches from portrait mode to landscape mode and vice versa.

I will try this tomorrow when I'm outside.

Sidenote: Does it matter if BBmaps is installed or not?
    Last edited by berryuser; 07-20-2009 at 02:31 AM.

sunkast Guest
    If I remember correctly, in the diagnostic app, spacebar is used for most of the navigation in a test.

PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    doesnt mater, just click the back key till it ask you to leave the test screen....

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    doesnt mater, just click the back key till it ask you to leave the test screen....
    E, what about BBMaps? Does that need to be installed or does it not matter?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast