PIN
    Ask me too
    Device
    Torch 9810
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Yes the cradle charges the device from the contacts on the bottom. Mind you, it only charges, it will not transfer any data, you would stil need to connect a USB cable to the port on the device for OS changes/updates/back ups.
    Ok so I'm looking at the bottom of my bold 9000...I see the microphone, the button to release the back cover and a tiny pin hole port....is this tiny port the base charging port? If so does the base have a small pin style plug that inserts into it, and will I break it by using it too much? If not, this thing looks very nice and I'll have to go and grab one.

Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTaz30 View Post
    Ok so I'm looking at the bottom of my bold 9000...I see the microphone, the button to release the back cover and a tiny pin hole port....is this tiny port the base charging port? If so does the base have a small pin style plug that inserts into it, and will I break it by using it too much? If not, this thing looks very nice and I'll have to go and grab one.
    Hello MrTaz.
    While I am not able to answer you question I am currently trying to reach members who will be better at answering your question. Thanks for your patience.
    Michael

Last edited by slick305; 09-21-2010 at 04:24 PM.

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTaz30 View Post
    No it is not. Not sure what you are exactly referring to. There should be two metal silver contacts on the left and right side of the device near the bottom that is used when charging in a cradle.

Last edited by sunkast; 07-22-2009 at 03:00 PM.

Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    I got mine in the mail today. Keepin it on my desk at work. Its a nice supplement to my extra (work) battery with charger lol. $6 + $5 shipping can't go wrong. Love the Bold but hate the battery. I also have an extra battery with charger @ home. I normally swap batteries @ 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm, 12am Hopefully RIM fixes this with the magnum.

Device
    Storm2 (9550)
    OS

My Pod arrived today in the mail!

I got my OEM Bold charging pod today in the mail! Wow, I love it! My Bold is now safely charging in the Pod, while showing me the time as a bedside clock. I am really happy with it.
    Last edited by dilipc; 07-25-2009 at 11:52 PM.

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by dilipc View Post
    My first post here! I ordered a dock today from eBay. I agree it is much better to "Stand" it, rather than just leave it lying on the table....
    Welcome to BBOS dilipc.....good luck with your doc and thanks for sharing your experience with it.

Device
    Storm2 (9550)
    OS
    Many thanks to all you folks. I'm sure I'll enjoy your company as much as I enjoy my Bold!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast