Thread: Wifi, password problems

RovereTano is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    BB 9000 Bold
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Question Wifi, password problems

Hello, i have Bold 9000 vodafone version and last firmware 5.0.0.1113, i have BIS active but when i activate wifi the icon remain grey, i tryed all solution posted into internet without success same for deleting password keyboard this function it's very tedius i want remove it definitively, i need help please

Harmeling68 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Harmeling68 On Twitter Add Harmeling68 on Facebook Add Harmeling68 on Google+ Add Harmeling68 on Linkedin
    PIN
    3343247B
    Device
    Black Q10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    145 times
    The grey means that it recognizes the wifi, but is not logged on. Have you gone into the wifi settings and tried logging in? Have you tried different wifi's? Check all of your settings to make sure you aren't missing something.

Lastly, maybe you just need a good reload of your os?
    Joe Jerde likes this.

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1501 times
    With the phone being so old, it may be that you are experiencing a hardware issue. If you still have the problem after loading a new OS, that may very well be the case.

Good luck, let us know how it works out for you.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

RovereTano is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    BB 9000 Bold
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmeling68 View Post
    The grey means that it recognizes the wifi, but is not logged on. Have you gone into the wifi settings and tried logging in? Have you tried different wifi's? Check all of your settings to make sure you aren't missing something.

Lastly, maybe you just need a good reload of your os?
    My wifi is hidden, when I entered the data wifi, I did the manual procedure by entering the SSID and the key word everything goes perfectly, it will connect but the wifi icon remains gray, I do not think it's a router issue, up to a short time ago I had a samsung galaxy ace that was connected very well, even the BB 9000 the first few times it was fine but then after replacing the dead battery and updated the 'OS, began to give me problems, I'm also seriously considering that these OS5, are worse than the original OS4, this is my last attempt with OS5 to seek a solution, after which the original OS4 hoping reinstall it in the final solution. I'm sick of these problems, blackberry has made one of the worst OS in the world in my opinion, so much to know how to use that you have to have a degree in blackberry-logy.
    However I bought this blackberry used just to see how it was, since I spoke so well of blackberry that aroused my curiosity.
    And as long as I taking a new smartphone not blackberry i am forced to use this.

Harmeling68 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Harmeling68 On Twitter Add Harmeling68 on Facebook Add Harmeling68 on Google+ Add Harmeling68 on Linkedin
    PIN
    3343247B
    Device
    Black Q10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    145 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RovereTano View Post
    My wifi is hidden, when I entered the data wifi, I did the manual procedure by entering the SSID and the key word everything goes perfectly, it will connect but the wifi icon remains gray, I do not think it's a router issue, up to a short time ago I had a samsung galaxy ace that was connected very well, even the BB 9000 the first few times it was fine but then after replacing the dead battery and updated the 'OS, began to give me problems, I'm also seriously considering that these OS5, are worse than the original OS4, this is my last attempt with OS5 to seek a solution, after which the original OS4 hoping reinstall it in the final solution. I'm sick of these problems, blackberry has made one of the worst OS in the world in my opinion, so much to know how to use that you have to have a degree in blackberry-logy.
    However I bought this blackberry used just to see how it was, since I spoke so well of blackberry that aroused my curiosity.
    And as long as I taking a new smartphone not blackberry i am forced to use this.
    Curious: Have you actually tried to browse with your data off and wifi on? It's been a while since I've had a legacy device, but doesn't the wifi icon STAY grey like every other icon (battery, date, time, etc)? Unless you are running a theme that changes the colors, I think (and I could be wrong) that you might indeed be connected. If you have tried turning your data off and tried to browse with the "grey" wifi icon and it didn't work, I don't know what else to tell you.
    BB then, now, forever!