Bold vs. Storm - I have a storm right now.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bold vs. Storm - I have a storm right now.

Dukins is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    3117DA67
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Bold vs. Storm - I have a storm right now.

Im really at a stand still on which phone to choose. I like the professional look of the bold, but I like the full face screen of the storm.

Besides cosmetics, what are some of the advantages/disadvantages of the bold? And is the trackball durable and last long? :dunno:

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

It works...it has 5.0....
    Nah hold the line the storm is a great device.

With all the new devices around the corner have a look at the tour or the onyx.

Good things are coming
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

FISH4RUDY is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Stock .320
    Liked
    1 times
    I think for me it would be the carrier. I didn't have any luck with at&t where I live in Florida. I agree that since there are a few new berrys on the perch that you might want to wait.

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    3 times
    Honestly, if I had good AT&T coverage here, I would have the Bold without a doubt.

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

Yeah wifi would be the biggest selling point.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

Dukins is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    3117DA67
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I have been with verizon since Ive had a cell phone. Im not sure about AT&T coverage where I am. I guess ill do more research on the new phones that are coming out. Any idea if Verizon will be getting the bold?

Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Liked
    2 times
    att sucks around here

Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukins View Post
    I have been with verizon since Ive had a cell phone. Im not sure about AT&T coverage where I am. I guess ill do more research on the new phones that are coming out. Any idea if Verizon will be getting the bold?
    They will be getting the Tour and the great unknown Atlas. As for after I'm not sure what is coming besides the Storm 2, but I have heard we have some great devices coming.

gilles is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    i changed from storm to bold.

the storm is/can be a great device, but still there are bugs and you have to decide whats more important for you.

if you wanna stylish phone similar iphone then the storm is the right thing for you.

if you need thet brick to be effective and you need it to work for you, your elecction will be sooner or later the bold. farting apps doesn`t look as good as on storm...

so the choice is between business or stupid time wasters....

regards from far south....:burnout:

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gilles View Post
    i changed from storm to bold.

the storm is/can be a great device, but still there are bugs and you have to decide whats more important for you.

if you wanna stylish phone similar iphone then the storm is the right thing for you.

if you need thet brick to be effective and you need it to work for you, your elecction will be sooner or later the bold. farting apps doesn`t look as good as on storm...

so the choice is between business or stupid time wasters....

regards from far south....:burnout:
    Welcome to BlackberryOS gilles

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukins View Post
    Im really at a stand still on which phone to choose. I like the professional look of the bold, but I like the full face screen of the storm.

Besides cosmetics, what are some of the advantages/disadvantages of the bold? And is the trackball durable and last long? :dunno:
    I actually have both, I like the bold for typing with no errors. I also like the size of the Bold. But I also like my storm so doesnt really matter to me I have the best of both so to speak. Each one has their purpose. It just depends on how you are going to use it.

Crickee is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    which one? I've lost count!
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times
    I love my storm, but sometimes I do miss the speed of the physical button keyboard that I used to have (especially if I am driving, I don't type well with the storm with one hand)
    Crickee

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crickee View Post
    I love my storm, but sometimes I do miss the speed of the physical button keyboard that I used to have (especially if I am driving, I don't type well with the storm with one hand)
    You shouldn't be texting while driving :cop:

I love the big screen on storm, no other bb comes close

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    If the bold was on verizon it would be a different argument but hands down IMHO AT&T is the worst cell phone provider in the US. They should change their slogan to no bars in more places. Storm wins hands down because it is on vzw network.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    If the bold was on verizon it would be a different argument but hands down IMHO AT&T is the worst cell phone provider in the US. They should change their slogan to no bars in more places. Storm wins hands down because it is on vzw network.
    I definitely agree....vzw has worked for me everywhere...there are truly no dead zones

Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    As others have said, this decision is often carrier related. My advice is to select the carrier that is going to work best in your area and then make the device decision secondary. A really cool device is useless if you have no service.

With that said, I have owned nearly all BB device models at one time or other (including the Bold and my current Storm) and I must say the Bold has been my overall favorite to date. It's important to mention though that business is my primary use. Simultaneous voice/data on the AT&T Bold is the feature I miss most now that I'm on a Storm.

AT&T is actually the dominant carrier where I live (south central KY) so being on VZW is no advantage. I just finalized a contract switching my business plan back to AT&T from Verizon and my Bolds and 8900's will be arriving on Tuesday :beerchug:

Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    As others have said, this decision is often carrier related. My advice is to select the carrier that is going to work best in your area and then make the device decision secondary. A really cool device is useless if you have no service.

With that said, I have owned nearly all BB device models at one time or other (including the Bold and my current Storm) and I must say the Bold has been my overall favorite to date. It's important to mention though that business is my primary use. Simultaneous voice/data on the AT&T Bold is the feature I miss most now that I'm on a Storm.

AT&T is actually the dominant carrier where I live (south central KY) so being on VZW is no advantage. I just finalized a contract switching my business plan back to AT&T from Verizon and my Bolds and 8900's will be arriving on Tuesday :beerchug:
    Care to share? :lmao:

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Got my Bold yesterday... simultaneous voice & data ftw!! I had forgotten how sweet that Bold keyboard was.

bkeaver is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I have both the Bold and the Storm both on AT&T. I had to turn the 3G off on the Bold cause it was draining my power quick.. BY noon I had 35% battery left and after turning off 3G by 7pm I now have 50% left... HUGE difference!... I like both devices actually... typing is a little better on the Bold than Storm but I like the bigger screen on the Storm...I hate to say it but I wish RIM would give us a decent (notice I said decent) slider with the Storms big screen and a full slidout hardware keyboard...
    Last edited by bkeaver; 06-19-2009 at 12:25 PM.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bkeaver View Post
    I have both the Bold and the Storm both on AT&T. I had to turn the 3G off on the Bold cause it was draining my power quick.. BY noon I had 35% battery left and after turning off 3G by 7pm I now have 50% left... HUGE difference!...
    I am using the Bold on AT&T and my battery life is excellent. What OS are you running on the Bold? I'm on .266 and have used 5.0.0.100 and both had great battery life. Both with 3G on all the time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast