Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    As others have said, this decision is often carrier related. My advice is to select the carrier that is going to work best in your area and then make the device decision secondary. A really cool device is useless if you have no service.

With that said, I have owned nearly all BB device models at one time or other (including the Bold and my current Storm) and I must say the Bold has been my overall favorite to date. It's important to mention though that business is my primary use. Simultaneous voice/data on the AT&T Bold is the feature I miss most now that I'm on a Storm.

AT&T is actually the dominant carrier where I live (south central KY) so being on VZW is no advantage. I just finalized a contract switching my business plan back to AT&T from Verizon and my Bolds and 8900's will be arriving on Tuesday :beerchug:
    Care to share? :lmao:

Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Got my Bold yesterday... simultaneous voice & data ftw!! I had forgotten how sweet that Bold keyboard was.

bkeaver is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    I have both the Bold and the Storm both on AT&T. I had to turn the 3G off on the Bold cause it was draining my power quick.. BY noon I had 35% battery left and after turning off 3G by 7pm I now have 50% left... HUGE difference!... I like both devices actually... typing is a little better on the Bold than Storm but I like the bigger screen on the Storm...I hate to say it but I wish RIM would give us a decent (notice I said decent) slider with the Storms big screen and a full slidout hardware keyboard...
    Last edited by bkeaver; 06-19-2009 at 12:25 PM.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Quote Originally Posted by bkeaver View Post
    I have both the Bold and the Storm both on AT&T. I had to turn the 3G off on the Bold cause it was draining my power quick.. BY noon I had 35% battery left and after turning off 3G by 7pm I now have 50% left... HUGE difference!...
    I am using the Bold on AT&T and my battery life is excellent. What OS are you running on the Bold? I'm on .266 and have used 5.0.0.100 and both had great battery life. Both with 3G on all the time.

bkeaver is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    I am running .266 but I am also using astrasync which contributes to the battery drain... i believe its just a leathel combo between 3g and astrasync

correction... i just updated to .282
    Last edited by bkeaver; 06-19-2009 at 01:17 PM.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Care to share? :lmao:
    LOL pretty sweet deal buddy! Saved me a ton of cash compared to our VZW deal :arms:

gamehunter is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    Well I have had my bold on Rogers, Canada for about 7 months. While I really like it, and it has been very good to me, I am thinking I am a "touch screen" at heart. However, my carrier doesnt have the Storm...is that because the Storm is CDMA and Rogers only does 3G/2G? They do have the iPhone.
    So if I wanna do a trade, and stay with Rogers to do my contract, I have to trade for an iPhone? It's looking like something I might want to do.....

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by gamehunter View Post
    Well I have had my bold on Rogers, Canada for about 7 months. While I really like it, and it has been very good to me, I am thinking I am a "touch screen" at heart. However, my carrier doesnt have the Storm...is that because the Storm is CDMA and Rogers only does 3G/2G? They do have the iPhone.
    So if I wanna do a trade, and stay with Rogers to do my contract, I have to trade for an iPhone? It's looking like something I might want to do.....
    I'll most likely get rid of my Storm here soon

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast