Need help loading os 5.0 on my bold 9000

Thread: Need help loading os 5.0 on my bold 9000

picolo is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow picolo On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Need help loading os 5.0 on my bold 9000

My bold is currently running V4.6.0.303 I would like to update it to V5.0.0.822 Rogers or related.Which ever is more stable? Ideas?

The issue is when I begin DM manager... And check for Blackberry Device updates... An option for 5.0 (preferred) v4.6 current and a downgrade option pops up.

So I select 5.0 and click next....Then the following message pops up.

" There was an error updating your software"
    This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit BlackBerry - Data Plan - Upgrade Your BlackBerry Data Plan.

What does this mean? How can I by-pass this? Would BBSAK help?

Thanks in advance

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by picolo View Post
    My bold is currently running V4.6.0.303 I would like to update it to V5.0.0.822 Rogers or related.Which ever is more stable? Ideas?

The issue is when I begin DM manager... And check for Blackberry Device updates... An option for 5.0 (preferred) v4.6 current and a downgrade option pops up.

So I select 5.0 and click next....Then the following message pops up.

" There was an error updating your software"
    This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit BlackBerry - Data Plan - Upgrade Your BlackBerry Data Plan.

What does this mean? How can I by-pass this? Would BBSAK help?

Thanks in advance
    Picolo,

First, welcome to !!!

The first link below will take you to an excellent tutorial on how to update your device operating system It is easy to follow, and you should have no problems at all...

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...es-videos.html

The second link will take you to the latest operating system for your 9000...

BlackBerryOS Download Center - RIM BlackBerry operating Software download center

Download the operating system to your computer.

If you have any problems at all, the team here at is fantastic, very knowledgable, and willing to help at any time.

Good luck, and see you in the forums!!

AvonleaCM is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    211B43634
    Device
    BlackBerry
    OS
    Liked
    29 times
    I would actually encourage everyone not to download OS 5.0.0.822 (I'm on AT&T) as there are a ton of known bugs with it. I made the mistake of doing this last night without Googling to see what people were saying and now have a phone with no alert sounds, can't make a call, my e-mail is slow or doesn't come in at all... Now I'm trying to downgrade and it's just a hassle.

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AvonleaCM View Post
    I would actually encourage everyone not to download OS 5.0.0.822 (I'm on AT&T) as there are a ton of known bugs with it. I made the mistake of doing this last night without Googling to see what people were saying and now have a phone with no alert sounds, can't make a call, my e-mail is slow or doesn't come in at all... Now I'm trying to downgrade and it's just a hassle.
    Avonlea,

Did you remove all older versions of device software from your computer? I'm sure you have, but something few people know is you also have to remove the loader files from DM.

The path to these files are below...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

If your running lower than Windows Vista I think it is, the path is....

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

Old files left in the loader file path WILL interfere with an upgrade. Hope this solves your issue.

vosivinh is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    21481e17
    Device
    bold 9000
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi everyone,

I had the OS 5.0.0.822 posted by members in Vietnam. I had the same problem of alert sounds and could not access tinhte.com (a popular tech-productions website in Vietam) via Opera mini. Therefore, nobody wanted to upgrade with ...882 since it released.

I am currently reading this thread posted by Joshjamie, and I found it useful. Partly understand why it was supposed to have some bugs and left there.

Many thanks to everyone, and especially Joshjamie
    Joe Jerde likes this.
    Vinh,
    Halong bay-North Vietnam
    E-mail : vosivinh@gmail.com

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1503 times
    Hello vosivinh, welcome to BBOS! Glad you found the info you needed. Let us know if there are any other issues that arise and we'll be glad to help.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone