bb problem 2g-3g dont function together - phone crashes pls help

Thread: bb problem 2g-3g dont function together - phone crashes pls help

amielchris is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    bold 9000
    Liked
    0 times

bb problem 2g-3g dont function together - phone crashes pls help

hi, im using a vodaphone south africa unit in the philippines as it was suppossed to be unlocked and working anyway, please help me.. I cannot use the phone if I will set the network to 3G and 2G. The phone will reboot if i use that settings. Right now, the phone worked because i set it to 2G only.. it is very slow, i know that this model will run 3G.. I hope you can assist me.

thanks

ShimmyShine is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow ShimmyShine On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask!
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    A few reasons it may not run on 3G is even though your phone supports 3G, not every provider supports 3G. It's annoying and a bit misleading, I know, but it's the way cell phones work. It's a 2 way street, and they BOTH have to be on the same page (The Provider and cell) in order for it to get the correct service.

Why it's rebooting may be a fault in the OS. It may not, I'm not 100% sure about that one.
    "Shimmy, I love it when you talk nerdy to me!" - Natemz

amielchris is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    bold 9000
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmyShine View Post
    A few reasons it may not run on 3G is even though your phone supports 3G, not every provider supports 3G. It's annoying and a bit misleading, I know, but it's the way cell phones work. It's a 2 way street, and they BOTH have to be on the same page (The Provider and cell) in order for it to get the correct service.

Why it's rebooting may be a fault in the OS. It may not, I'm not 100% sure about that one.
    thx for the reply - here in the phils we have carriers that offer the blackberry data plan which i have right now and i know from past phones that all carriers here support 3g - i think its the Software OS your right but any ideas how to get a stable bold 9000 OS software that doesnt say ' Radio Core Cat Failed '

p.s when on 2g os does not reboot saying ' Radio Core Cat Failed ' so this must be an issue with the OS and 3g ???

this is a new phone so it really sucks to have problems from the get go