Is my screen broken or is it something worse?

Thread: Is my screen broken or is it something worse?

hughker is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Bold.
    OS
    5.0.0.5929 (1004)
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Is my screen broken or is it something worse?

Hey ya'll,

So after I replaced my keypad I put the 9000 back together and when it started to turn on the picture was not clear. It was flashing between fluorescent green and the actual loader screen. I took it apart earlier today to see if it was simply a connection issue and the result is in the video.

I am not sure if I simply broke the screen or if I somehow screwed up the main-board.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Video 1: YouTube - BlackBerry Bold 9000 Screen Flickering [video 1 of 2]
    Video 2: YouTube - BlackBerry Bold 9000 Screen Flickering [video 2 of 2]
    *Both videos are of the boot sequence and the screen acting up.
    **Sorry for the terrible video quality... I do not own a decent digital camera.

Cheers.

BBSuperAbuser is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BBSuperAbuser On Twitter Add BBSuperAbuser on Facebook Visit BBSuperAbuser's Youtube Channel
    PIN
    2AC197
    Device
    Zed10, PlayBook
    OS
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    79 times
    I don't know how to say this without sounding like a shill or an alarmist. You need to send your berry out for repair, you can't get warranty work done as you have already opened the case. You could try replacing the lcd, but if that does not work, you will have paid for an lcd that you can't use. Try sending it to get repaired first.

hughker is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Bold.
    OS
    5.0.0.5929 (1004)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by adperdue View Post
    I don't know how to say this without sounding like a shill or an alarmist. You need to send your berry out for repair, you can't get warranty work done as you have already opened the case. You could try replacing the lcd, but if that does not work, you will have paid for an lcd that you can't use. Try sending it to get repaired first.

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any suggestions of suitable repair shops or how I am to go about finding one? I did a quick Google search for some around my area and I came up with nothing.

BBSuperAbuser is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BBSuperAbuser On Twitter Add BBSuperAbuser on Facebook Visit BBSuperAbuser's Youtube Channel
    PIN
    2AC197
    Device
    Zed10, PlayBook
    OS
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    79 times
    I have used these guys before, not the cheapest but I will vouch for the work.

PDA Repair World - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices