bold 9000 problem
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: bold 9000 problem

  1. #1
    BBoldProud is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9000
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    0 times

    Exclamation bold 9000 problem

    I've had a Bold 9000 on AT&T since mid july 2009, and a few days ago my battery ran down to 0. I tried doing a battery pull to get the last bit of life because I wasn't near a charger and I really needed my phone at the time. I came home and put it on charge, and the red led went on, and after about a minute it started flashing 4 times, stopping and repeating the process. I read about it and so far haven't found any fixes. I've tried pulling the SIM card, the battery, charging through USB, chraging through wall plug, and when I connect it to the computer it detects a phone but says it's an unknown phone. I tried as a final attempt to install 5.0.0.411 on it anyway, and it installed the version but when it got to device initialization it obviously failed. The flashing 4 times has stopped, instead when its charging from the wall it goes red light, then a battery with a charging symbol through it appears on the screen that's barely visible, and when connected to USB it goes red light, then the world Blackberry appears with a loading bar under it, gets to like 2%, and goes back to red light and keeps repeating. What do i do......




  2. #2
    breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    9500
    OS
    always the latest
    Posts
    782
    Liked
    0 times
    Sounds as if the battery is completely gone? I would try to test a new one in a service center and if this would work, wipe and OS install...


  3. #3
    BBoldProud is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9000
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    0 times
    I thought so too, but that battery symbol that appears shows that its fully charged, I read somewhere that its a software problem

  4. #4
    breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    9500
    OS
    always the latest
    Posts
    782
    Liked
    0 times
    OK, if batt. symbol is still ok, then you should try the 'hard' way. Do a full wipe of the berry and re-install the OS.

    In your case, since you already weren't able to get it to work, I would imagine, that you could start right from part 3 in the following 'guide' - I guess, there is no real chance left, to backup anything...please read trough it first, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask any time to walk you through


  5. #5
    KristinaRocks's Avatar
    KristinaRocks is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow KristinaRocks On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mesa,AZ
    PIN
    310E5216
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.419
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm inclined to agree, reinstall the OS, remember to back up your data before you remove the OS.

    Trust me... If you forget, you wont be very happy..

  6. #6
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    8 times
    Breiti's suggestion may work, but as an experienced bold user I would suggest u to try a new battery, to me based on my experience seems to be a problem in your case, if u find that it is, just in case u didn't know ur battery has a 1 year warranty, read the manual on the warranty section and should tell u how to get a new one....if it doesn't work with the new battery the follow breiti's suggestion....
    Posted via mobile device

  7. #7
    muralibalaraman is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    PIN
    218725F6
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    5.0.0.321
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BBoldProud View Post
    I've had a Bold 9000 on AT&T since mid july 2009, and a few days ago my battery ran down to 0. I tried doing a battery pull to get the last bit of life because I wasn't near a charger and I really needed my phone at the time. I came home and put it on charge, and the red led went on, and after about a minute it started flashing 4 times, stopping and repeating the process. I read about it and so far haven't found any fixes. I've tried pulling the SIM card, the battery, charging through USB, chraging through wall plug, and when I connect it to the computer it detects a phone but says it's an unknown phone. I tried as a final attempt to install 5.0.0.411 on it anyway, and it installed the version but when it got to device initialization it obviously failed. The flashing 4 times has stopped, instead when its charging from the wall it goes red light, then a battery with a charging symbol through it appears on the screen that's barely visible, and when connected to USB it goes red light, then the world Blackberry appears with a loading bar under it, gets to like 2%, and goes back to red light and keeps repeating. What do i do......
    I had the same problem about 3 weeks back.( Please read my note, it will also tell you how to solve it) I panicked, as the phone was my only source of communication and I was travelling. I bought a bold 9700 because it was time to upgrade and gave me confidence to test.

    The problem is probably a software problem, combined with a memory error.
    Resulted from an application that you have installed of late which may have resulted in this.

    Back up only your blackberry data - Phone Numbers, and essential emails.

    Wipe the Handheld ( No OS installation ) .

    Check the handset now - it should be back to normal.

    Now you can push the data back up.

    Be selective with your applications that you push back - if it has worked well for you for a long time in the past, go ahead, even if the company upgraded, tread with caution.

    Good luck.

    PS : I dont post messages, but since I did not bump into a solution on the web, I thought I would pass on my learning to somebody in need.

    Murali

  8. #8
    BBoldProud is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9000
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    0 times
    I've tried JL_Commander and BBSAK 1.7, neither can wipe it cuz they cant find it, and when the installation gets to 'Wait for device initialization' it says Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Please re-connect your device, enter the password if required, and Retry. and I tried the method of keeping battery out and taking the phone out of the reboot loop, but the loop mentioned in the thread talks about the white screen which isn't what I have

  9. #9
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BBoldProud View Post
    I've tried JL_Commander and BBSAK 1.7, neither can wipe it cuz they cant find it, and when the installation gets to 'Wait for device initialization' it says Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Please re-connect your device, enter the password if required, and Retry. and I tried the method of keeping battery out and taking the phone out of the reboot loop, but the loop mentioned in the thread talks about the white screen which isn't what I have
    I would suggest you try using a new battery.

  10. #10
    vaneer is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times

    I have got it working fin

    After struggling for 3 days I have got my BB bold working. Here are some steps:
    1. Make sure you are using Win XP (I can't do this on Win 7 or vista)
    2. Install Jl_cmder v1.9.1
    3. enter if you are using password and type in password.
    4. Don't worry if you are connected or not just type wipe-h and wait for 2 minutes.
    5. Your screen will go white now and will show 507 error. Now follow Instructions already here and load from app loader.

    Enjoy!

  11. #11
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vaneer View Post
    After struggling for 3 days I have got my BB bold working. Here are some steps:
    1. Make sure you are using Win XP (I can't do this on Win 7 or vista)
    2. Install Jl_cmder v1.9.1
    3. enter if you are using password and type in password.
    4. Don't worry if you are connected or not just type wipe-h and wait for 2 minutes.
    5. Your screen will go white now and will show 507 error. Now follow Instructions already here and load from app loader.

    Enjoy!
    Thank you for your input :sun:

    Although this is an old post, it doesn't seem like the OP solved the problem. Hopefully this can help if they check back.

    I gave you rep points for the helpful info.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •