PIN
    20DA65E5
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Question When is 5.0 coming out for 9000

Hi everybody, I'm sort of new to this...
    so I have a question...does anybody know when the official 5.0 OS is supposed to come out for the Bold 9000. Every day I see how it looks on newer blackberrys and to be honest...I WANT IT! so does anyone know when it's coming out?

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by noam9321 View Post
    so I have a question...does anybody know when the official 5.0 OS is supposed to come out for the Bold 9000. Every day I see how it looks on newer blackberrys and to be honest...I WANT IT! so does anyone know when it's coming out?
    Unfortunately no one knows. Once RIM releases the OS it goes to the carrier for final approval. It may be approved as is, or it may be rejected. It could honestly be in the next week or the next two months. I'm checking to see if there is any info specific to the 9000.

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    BlackberryOS.com - Downloads - 9000_5.0.0.411

This is a link to the latest leaked OS for the 9000. I've also relocated this thread to the 9000 forums. Welcome to
    Last edited by TemperamentalMan; 01-04-2010 at 07:03 PM.

noam9321 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    20DA65E5
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    so there's basically no actual date that Rim has announced that they're launching it? wow that's annoying! also...i tried once to upgrade my bold-currently runnign v.4.6.0.303 to the latest leaked os for 5.0...but it didn't work...bbsaq wasn't working the way it said it should...(also the main computer im using is a mac, is there a way to do the upgrade from 4.6 to 5.0 on that?)

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    so there's basically no actual date that Rim has announced that they're launching it? wow that's annoying! also...i tried once to upgrade my bold-currently runnign v.4.6.0.303 to the latest leaked os for 5.0...but it didn't work...bbsaq wasn't working the way it said it should...(also the main computer im using is a mac, is there a way to do the upgrade from 4.6 to 5.0 on that?)
    Let me see if I can locate our resident Mac expert for you.

And unfortunately it's like most other devices. There is no telling when an update will become available. If/When we get an update will usually know in advance of the release date. So, I would keep your browser right here for the best information.

PIN
    20DA65E5
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    haha okay then i will just keep checking...and ya if i could upgrqade my fone to the leaked 5.0 on my mac that'd b amazing!

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    haha okay then i will just keep checking...and ya if i could upgrqade my fone to the leaked 5.0 on my mac that'd b amazing!
    I submitted a request for help. I'm not familiar enough with the process on a Mac to be of any benefit. I could locate a tutorial for you but if you get stuck or hung up, again, I'm no benefit.

PIN
    20DA65E5
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    umm if u could find the tutorial, that'd be great! and also tanks you very much for all this and puttig in the reques for the mac expert! much appreciated!

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    umm if u could find the tutorial, that'd be great! and also tanks you very much for all this and puttig in the reques for the mac expert! much appreciated!
    Have you considered using a virtualization tool such as Parallels or BootCamp? This way you can install Windows on your Mac and run all the BB tools you need.

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    Have you considered using a virtualization tool such as Parallels or BootCamp? This way you can install Windows on your Mac and run all the BB tools you need.
    OK...Parallels won't work. You will need to install BootCamp (easy as pie with the Mac walkthrough) or VMWare. There are also free virtualization tools on the web.

With BootCamp you can boot your Mac into either Windows or Leopard. With VMWare you can "virtualize" Windows while running your Mac as normal. I believe this is the only way you are going to be able to do this.

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    9 times
    * How about today
    Posted via mobile device

PIN
    20DA65E5
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    okay, thanks so much for all the help!

Derek Zielinski is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Derek Zielinski On Twitter
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I run Bootcamp on my Mac and was able to upgrade my Bold to 5.0.0.464 with ease. I too am waiting for an official release but this leak has worked wonders for me so far, it might as well be official!

era3z is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow era3z On Twitter
    PIN
    256f68a* (ask =p)
    Device
    Cars, Medicine Tennis, Basketball, Billiards Comics, Mystery novels Mr.bean (shqip), The Bodyguard f
    Liked
    3 times
    I am still running 4.6 OS... Haven't found the right 5.0 OS... still buggy this and that....

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by era3z View Post
    I am still running 4.6 OS... Haven't found the right 5.0 OS... still buggy this and that....
    You're on Mac as well?!

PROB1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow PROB1 On Twitter
    PIN
    3229CE01
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    1 times

Just take a look and see how long Tour 9630s have been waiting for an official release. I would suggest not holding your breath! :crazy:

Tweedle is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Tweedle On Twitter
    PIN
    27e5c3b3
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I think there is an official release os for 9000. You must only watch around the net. I use 5.0 for a couple month (like 2) and it's stable and work great.

era3z is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow era3z On Twitter
    PIN
    256f68a* (ask =p)
    Device
    Cars, Medicine Tennis, Basketball, Billiards Comics, Mystery novels Mr.bean (shqip), The Bodyguard f
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by breiti View Post
    You're on Mac as well?!

Nope on vista... but I'd rather install a stabile OS... hahaha.. heard the 464 being stable enough... gonna wait for another week for another leak or official release... if there isn't any, I'm going 5

Derek Zielinski is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Derek Zielinski On Twitter
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    There's an official release for the Bold! It's not from AT&T though. It is 5.0.0.464. Does anyone know if it is the same as the 5.0.0.464 that was leaked a little bit ago (which I currently run, and is great)? Thanks!

Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Zielinski View Post
    There's an official release for the Bold! It's not from AT&T though. It is 5.0.0.464. Does anyone know if it is the same as the 5.0.0.464 that was leaked a little bit ago (which I currently run, and is great)? Thanks!
    It is all the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast