Thread: Bold 9000 White Screen

hallwcvj is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Xonz Hybrid 1.0
    Liked
    0 times

Bold 9000 White Screen

I have had my Bold running for some time and this morning after a battery pull all I get is a white screen. Nothing comes up on the display. The red light is there after subsequent battery pulls and goes out and then the screen goes white. Is this a bricked phone or a brick display? I am running 234 on it so it is not the most current and was just about ready to do an updrade to the software. If anyone has any words of wisdom as to how to restore this beautiful piece of equipment, I would appreciate it. Thank.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    I would suggest typing: start then press enter and see if it comes back to life. If not, try backing it up, then wipe and reinstall the OS.

interfasys is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow interfasys On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    Many
    Liked
    0 times
    Your phone is about to die. I suggest you get it repaired asap if it's under warranty as things will only get worse.

It has nothing to do with the software. The original Bold has a design problem. The top screws interfere with the LCD.

The temp fix is to squeeze the top corners with the bold facing down. You can also try to remove the battery and blow upward in the case. Sounds like voodoo, but the humidity of your breath apparently does something.
    A better fix is to carry a screwdriver with you. You can untighten the top screws a bit and that should fix the problem. Next time it's there, tighten them. It's a real nightmare and it will stay like that until you get it fixed properly.

Device
    OS
    Xonz Hybrid 1.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks interfasys!! Unfortunately it is no longer under warranty and I am out of the US now until March next year. Is there a definition or description to fix the screw issue? Maybe a different length of screw or something like that? Any idea on a reputable repair place for the unit when I get back otherwise? Thanks.

interfasys is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow interfasys On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    Many
    Liked
    0 times
    Check the GSM Hosting forums. People there explain how to use electrical to solve the issue. Unfortunately, I don't know of any shop in the US that would be able to help you, as I don't live there

Device
    OS
    Xonz Hybrid 1.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks. On my way over there now.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hallwcvj View Post
    Thanks. On my way over there now.
    Hey hall.. you could also try the link in my signature for GSM-Phone unlocking they also fix phones