Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 42

  1. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    142
    Let me add: If you want to install from your memory card, make sure, that you copy the full backup folder of BBSAK onto it, since the COD files are required as well - then simply use the file manager (OS5) or the media folder application (former OS) to open the backup.jad on your card.



  2. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    china
    PIN
    9999999
    Device
    BOLD 9000
    OS
    willyboy v3.1
    Posts
    48

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by tevansny View Post
    Ok from what i found out just the .alx file needs to be installed.

    But i still think it will not work because China blocks it.
    Quote Originally Posted by locutus View Post
    For DM you require .alx files (and .cod files - with the .alx telling DM how to install the .cods to your BB); for the memory card you need .jad files (and .cod files - with the .jad telling your BB how to install the .cods to your BB).

    So, if you make a full 3rd party apps backup with BBSAK, you can use it either way, since - besides copying all the required cod files into the backup folder of your PC - it creates a jad (for memory card) and an alx for DM in parallel.
    Quote Originally Posted by locutus View Post
    Let me add: If you want to install from your memory card, make sure, that you copy the full backup folder of BBSAK onto it, since the COD files are required as well - then simply use the file manager (OS5) or the media folder application (former OS) to open the backup.jad on your card.

    thnxs buddies... :hail:

    da problem is... BBSAK wont allow me to input on da field "save as" therefore i can not create JAD file [let alone ALX]... :Eyecrazy:
    no matter how i try... it just wont let me put anything in "save as" so prevents from allowing feature to be completed...

    once that is cleared i can deal with JAD or ALX files...

    any thoughts...?!?

  3. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    What are yoy clicking that is asking you to save as?
    Posted via mobile device



  4. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    china
    PIN
    9999999
    Device
    BOLD 9000
    OS
    willyboy v3.1
    Posts
    48

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    What are yoy clicking that is asking you to save as?
    Posted via mobile device
    thnxs buddy...


    im clicking inside "save as" field... it requires to save da file under some name... i have already successfully saved CODs but because da only field that remains clear is "save as" it wont let me proceed to create JAD... :Eyecrazy:

  5. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    British Columbia
    PIN
    305B349C
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.323
    Posts
    1
    I just installed BBsak 1.7 in a Vista PC and it will not detect my BB9530. Any suggestions



  6. #30
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AyGee View Post
    I just installed BBsak 1.7 in a Vista PC and it will not detect my BB9530. Any suggestions
    Are you running it in admin mode?

  7. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    thnxs buddy...


    im clicking inside "save as" field... it requires to save da file under some name... i have already successfully saved CODs but because da only field that remains clear is "save as" it wont let me proceed to create JAD... :Eyecrazy:
    you should be able to dump or backup your apps without having to save as... i dont remember it ever asking mel... I have stopped using it recently though. sorry i cant be of more help

  8. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    thnxs buddy...


    im clicking inside "save as" field... it requires to save da file under some name... i have already successfully saved CODs but because da only field that remains clear is "save as" it wont let me proceed to create JAD... :Eyecrazy:
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    you should be able to dump or backup your apps without having to save as... i dont remember it ever asking mel... I have stopped using it recently though. sorry i cant be of more help
    Not sure, what you are trying to do here either. In the very first screen of BBSAK there is a button: Backup Apps - one click here and you should be done?!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •