Originally Posted by RANDYRKELLY
here r my install instructions
Wirelessly posted (Das STROMM 9530)
so i guess i missed something.. skyfire was released? two people have mentioned using it in this thread. last i knew you could download it but not connect to any sites.
Overall I am glad that this new opera was released, if only because I don't need to rely on the bb browser for image heavy pages anymore. There are a lot of interface changes with Opera Mini 5, but they are all negative as far as I am concerned. I am relieved that both 4 and 5 can be installed simultaneously. I am optimistic for a Storm-optimized version to come out, because their ads show Storms, and the download site said that this version is not finished for the storm. Either way, I'll be a little bummed and continue using opera 4 mainly. Opera 4 with full image loading, text select, and memory of previous searches would be perfect IMO and these other new features are lame.
Last edited by Rednukleus; 09-16-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Am sorry but...I tried that and it didnt work for me either. you lost me at this part( OTHER THEN YOUR BB BROWSER AND CLICK A HTTP LINK. IT WILL GO TO THE OPERA MINI SCREEN. LET IT LOAD THEN U MIGHT GET A EULA ERROR.)
Disregard...I just pulled batt and it worked...Thank you VM
Originally Posted by RANDYRKELLY
who is vm?
Originally Posted by Prince Jah
Finally got this thing to work on .191, only took 4 reinstalls and a pact with the devil but its running smooth!! yaaa :1244:
yup....4 installs and 4 reboots for me.....
Originally Posted by gkeller16
i think i gave up my first born....didnt want it anyways
Well I just found the time to download this new Opera and I have to say that it has its strengths and its weaknesses just like any other application. I have detailed some of those aspects briefly below that I have experienced with my phone.
Model: Storm 9530
OS: 188.8.131.52 w/OOAK 7.99c Hybrid
- Improved interactive interface (III)
- Favorites on Home Screen
- Correct keyboard input (on the previous version, I was having issues inputting certain characters when using suretype. Now it works great)
- Supported by Blackberry Mail (If you have a link in an email, you have the option of opening it within Opera right from the email...pretty neat)
- Supported by Blackberry Mail (although convenient, in some emails I did not have the option of using the Blackberry Browser).
- Favorites on Home Screen (This is really neat when it works. But when it does not work, it freezes up my phone and a battery pull is required. I just dont use them anymore).
- Keyboard Input (Good keyboard input, but the only issue I have is when I press backspace. If I hold it for more than 1 second it will delete everything I typed instead of the few characters I wanted it to delete).
Overall, I feel that this is a good program. I did not go into it extensively because I am an end-user who likes to jump in and get things going. If you’re looking for something to just surf on at a fast speed, then this is it. The issues related were experienced on my phone. It may or may not be the same on your storm, so please do not let that deter you from trying the program. Although BB Browser is slow and sluggish and.... well you get the point, it has always proved reliable for me. I hope Opera builds up such a reputation in my book.
Tags for this Thread