Facebook 1.6.0.21 / OS 4.7.0.151 contact id graphic issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Facebook 1.6.0.21 / OS 4.7.0.151 contact id graphic issue

  1. #1
    tnhwyman's Avatar
    tnhwyman is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow tnhwyman On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.1015
    Posts
    89
    Liked
    6 times

    Facebook 1.6.0.21 / OS 4.7.0.151 contact id graphic issue

    Not sure where to place this post, so I will start here. Please move if need be thanks.

    I have FB contacts that show in my Storm 9530 their picture profile in my cell's contact list. I installed bcc's v8.5 hybrid / os 4.7.0.151 a week or so ago. All the FB contacts that were present before v8.5 are still there and working fine. Two days ago I have added a new FB contact, but their online picture has failed to show in my contact list. I have gone back over the permissions values, and all is correct. I have their email addy correct as well. I cleared the cache, etc... still no positive results. I don't feel that this problem is connected with my v8.5 install, but wondering if anyone else is having these same problems.

    many thanks bbos users,

    Jerry




  2. #2
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tnhwyman View Post
    Not sure where to place this post, so I will start here. Please move if need be thanks.

    I have FB contacts that show in my Storm 9530 their picture profile in my cell's contact list. I installed bcc's v8.5 hybrid / os 4.7.0.151 a week or so ago. All the FB contacts that were present before v8.5 are still there and working fine. Two days ago I have added a new FB contact, but their online picture has failed to show in my contact list. I have gone back over the permissions values, and all is correct. I have their email addy correct as well. I cleared the cache, etc... still no positive results. I don't feel that this problem is connected with my v8.5 install, but wondering if anyone else is having these same problems.

    many thanks bbos users,

    Jerry
    I am going to go back to the well here but have you tried an old fashioned batt pull???

  3. #3
    watkins's Avatar
    watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    VA Beach
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Posts
    735
    Liked
    0 times
    When i was running v8.5 I didn't have this issue. You said it was a new contact right.
    You did add them as a blackberry contact while on the facebook app right?
    Then sync it to the correct contact in your phone?
    After doing that it should all be correct!
    Last edited by watkins; 09-13-2009 at 12:25 PM.

  4. #4
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    Here is a copy and paste of a tutorial I wrote a few months ago. You won't need all of this but the steps to link your contacts are included so just use what you need and ignore the rest

    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer
    I just finished configuring my BB to utilize my friends' Facebook profile pics as their BBM avatars automatically with BBM 5.0 and I thought I would share the steps with all of our members. Hope this helps you get more from the new and improved BBM :good: For this example I'm setting up somdfisher as a contact since I haven't done him yet.

    Step #1 - Establish/link contacts in BB for all BBM buddies:

    1. Launch BBM 5.0.



    2. Scroll to your first contact and hit menu > link to blackberry contact.



    3. If there is an obvious match already in your address book it will ask to sync with it. If there is no obvious match, this screen will pop up. If the person is actually in your address book but maybe under a different name or not such an obvious match, choose select contact which will allow you to locate the person in your address book and select them. For this example, somdfisher is on my BBM but not in my address book so I am choosing new contact.



    4. After selecting new contact, the BB automatically creates a new address book entry using the BBM screen name and the PIN# so all you have to do is hit menu > save.



    5. Now you have linked your BBM buddy to a contact entry on the BB address book either by linking to existing, or by creating a new contact. The two are now linked automatically. Step #1 complete.

    Step #2 - Connect Facebook friends to BB address book (and by extension to BBM5):

    1. Launch Facebook application on your BB and go into the friends list tab.



    2. Scroll down to the friend you want to link with your BB contact list and hit menu > connect to BlackBerry contact.



    3. When you click to connect you will have the option to Select Contact or New Contact. Obviously if the contact is not in your BB address book you would choose New Contact. Since I added a contact for somdfisher in the previous section, I am choosing Select Contact.



    4. When I selected Select Contact my standard BB address book was launched from which I selected somdfisher. You will see in this screen capture that his Facebook information was automatically integrated into his contact file on my BB. This includes his profile pic which is the whole purpose for this tutorial lol.



    5. When you return to the Facebook application, you will see this prompt asking whether you want to request the person's phone number to which I answered No in this example.



    6. At this point you have successfully linked a BBM5 buddy to your BB contact list and also to their profile on Facebook using only your BB.

    Step #3 - Facebook configs to enable auto-refresh of friends avatars when changed on Facebook:

    Now that you have everything linked for all your contacts, you may be asking "what happens when my friends change their profile pic on Facebook? How do I stay 'current' with the correct pics?". Here is your answer :good:

    1. Launch Facebook and from the default screen hit menu > options > run setup wizard (I realize you've already done this when you did initial setup).



    2. In the setup wizard, check the box to connect your Facebook account with BlackBerry Contacts application, then scroll down and check the box that says "update existing photos in your BlackBerry contacts list with Facebook friend profile photos". Then hit save.



    3. Back at the options screen, hit clear cache to 'refresh' the Facebook data stored on your BB.



    4. I will admit that even after following all the proper steps as outlined above, some of my contacts still did not have the most recent profile pics showing. The Facebook app updates those on its own timeline once all the above configs are set. If you want to 'force' the update (which I did) you can go back to the Friends list once all this is set up, highlight the contact you want to update, and hit menu > Refresh BlackBerry contact. This is foolproof and works 100% of the time. It's kinda like being in the message list and hitting menu > reconcile now rather than just sitting back and waiting for a message to come through



    5. Because Facebook + BB contacts + BBM5 are all linked automatically now on your device, the renewed Facebook profile pics will automatically apply themselves to all 3 applications :good:

    Step #4 - Linking BBM5 to BB contacts without Facebook integration:

    If you would like to just upload any picture you want to BBM5 buddies and you don't have them on Facebook, simply use the BBM > BB contact portion of this tutorial to create & link contacts in both applications. Then you can go into contacts and upload a pic to that contact which will automatically assign it to BBM. Same basic concept you just have to update this manually.

    Post up and let me know if you need more explanation or if this tutorial helps you. Good luck!

  5. #5
    tnhwyman's Avatar
    tnhwyman is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow tnhwyman On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.1015
    Posts
    89
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by watkins View Post
    When i was running v8.5 I didn't have this issue. You said it was a new contact right.
    You did add them as a blackberry contact while on the facebook app right?
    Then sync it to the correct contact in your phone?
    After doing that it should all be correct!
    issue resolved.

    Thankyou Morganizer, watkins, and jnepsa.

    I forgot to add as a Blackberry contact. Right in front of me...this place comes thru for me again.

    thanks,

    jerry

  6. #6
    watkins's Avatar
    watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    VA Beach
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Posts
    735
    Liked
    0 times

    Thumbs up

    no problem. glad you got it resolved. :hail:Morganizer that is some post you got there. Kind of makes mine look like childs play!!!! Same result but mine looks like a cheaper version.:17:

  7. #7
    nolensc's Avatar
    nolensc is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island
    PIN
    30625123
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7.0.151
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had a similar issue. I followed the steps outlined by Morganizer; however, the step where you link FB contacts to BB contacts can't be completed as there is not that option in the BB menu. When in FB I open the Options menu and the "Blackberry Contacts application" as well as the calendar application are "greyed out" so that they cannot be selected. I've uninstalled and reinstalled FB several times along with numerous battery pulls without success. I am running FB 1.6.0.21 on 9530 with 4.7.0.151. Any suggestions?

  8. #8
    watkins's Avatar
    watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    VA Beach
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Posts
    735
    Liked
    0 times
    you have to highlight on your friend from the list hit bb button then connect to blackberry contact then select your contact from your phone to sync it to

  9. #9
    nolensc's Avatar
    nolensc is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island
    PIN
    30625123
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7.0.151
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by watkins View Post
    you have to highlight on your friend from the list hit bb button then connect to blackberry contact then select your contact from your phone to sync it to
    I've tried that but the "connect to blackberry contact" does not show up when the BB button is selected.

  10. #10
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nolensc View Post
    I've had a similar issue. I followed the steps outlined by Morganizer; however, the step where you link FB contacts to BB contacts can't be completed as there is not that option in the BB menu. When in FB I open the Options menu and the "Blackberry Contacts application" as well as the calendar application are "greyed out" so that they cannot be selected. I've uninstalled and reinstalled FB several times along with numerous battery pulls without success. I am running FB 1.6.0.21 on 9530 with 4.7.0.151. Any suggestions?
    You mean they're greyed out on this screen?


  11. #11
    nolensc's Avatar
    nolensc is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island
    PIN
    30625123
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7.0.151
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    You mean they're greyed out on this screen?

    That's correct. Here's a screenshot of what my FB Options screen looks like...


  12. #12
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    Go to options > advanced > default services. Do you show a default CICAL and CMIME entry? Are they correct? I've never seen those greyed out like that. I would try deleting and reinstalling the app but it seems like you said you already had?

  13. #13
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    Did some more digging for you... has this device ever been on a BES? If so your IT policy is blocking those features more than likely. If your device was ever on BES but isn't now, here is a tutorial I found on how to remove the old IT policy (a wipe won't do it).

    Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ

    You can also use a program like crackutil.

  14. #14
    nolensc's Avatar
    nolensc is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island
    PIN
    30625123
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7.0.151
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    Go to options > advanced > default services. Do you show a default CICAL and CMIME entry? Are they correct? I've never seen those greyed out like that. I would try deleting and reinstalling the app but it seems like you said you already had?
    I checked and CICAL, SYNC, and CMIME are all set to "Desktop". The other option is my vzw.blackberry.net email address which I never use. I haveuninstalled and reinstalled the FB app 3-4 times with the same result.

  15. #15
    nolensc's Avatar
    nolensc is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island
    PIN
    30625123
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7.0.151
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    Did some more digging for you... has this device ever been on a BES? If so your IT policy is blocking those features more than likely. If your device was ever on BES but isn't now, here is a tutorial I found on how to remove the old IT policy (a wipe won't do it).

    Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ

    You can also use a program like crackutil.
    I am currently on a BES but I am the administrator (single user license) and I've never messed with the IT policies. I'll check that out and report back it it works. Thanks for your help!

  16. #16
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nolensc View Post
    I am currently on a BES but I am the administrator (single user license) and I've never messed with the IT policies. I'll check that out and report back it it works. Thanks for your help!
    Anytime! Hope it works for you

  17. #17
    nolensc's Avatar
    nolensc is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island
    PIN
    30625123
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7.0.151
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    Anytime! Hope it works for you
    Okay, I've been monkeying around with this for the better part of the day without success. The BES IT policy is set to default which basically allows me to do anything I want. I wiped the phone using BB SAK and attempted tried to change the options in FB before running enterprise activation to see if that might work... nope. I'm at a loss. This feature isn't critical to me, just thought it would be cool to have profile pics show up in BB contacts.

  18. #18
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nolensc View Post
    Okay, I've been monkeying around with this for the better part of the day without success. The BES IT policy is set to default which basically allows me to do anything I want. I wiped the phone using BB SAK and attempted tried to change the options in FB before running enterprise activation to see if that might work... nope. I'm at a loss. This feature isn't critical to me, just thought it would be cool to have profile pics show up in BB contacts.
    I read a thread where a person said there's was set to default but they still used crackutil to reset their IT policy and it worked. I'm at a bit of a loss though because I do not use BES

  19. #19
    nolensc's Avatar
    nolensc is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island
    PIN
    30625123
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7.0.151
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    I read a thread where a person said there's was set to default but they still used crackutil to reset their IT policy and it worked. I'm at a bit of a loss though because I do not use BES
    Can you recommend a good place to download crackutil?

  20. #20
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nolensc View Post
    Can you recommend a good place to download crackutil?
    Download CrackUtil

    Here is the screen you are looking for:

    Last edited by MePascal; 09-13-2009 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Replaced Link for BBOS CrackUtil Link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •