Filescout for Blackberry 188.8.131.52
2009/08/26 - FileScout release of 184.108.40.206
You can install FileScout "over the air" to your BlackBerry® device via the following link:
BBFileScout.jad (aprox. 247.6 KiB)
In your BlackBerry® Browser type:
FileScout for BlackBerry Download [File Manager for BlackBerry Devices] (case sensitive! - lower 'bravo', upper 'india', upper 'tango')
Please note when you like to update from a previous version (of BBFileScout) to the new FileScout version 220.127.116.11 then you have to delete your current BBFileScout installation [Options - Advanced Options - Applications] (reboot might be required) before you can install FileScout v18.104.22.168.
- 'BBFileScout' is now called just 'FileScout'
- The double 'BB' was removed from the application name cause of legal concerns - actually this change requires, that you have to delete your current BBFileScout installation [Options - Advanced Options - Applications] (reboot might be required) before you can install FileScout v22.214.171.124. I am sorry for this inconvenience.
- New Option: 'Check for Updates' - allows you directly from FileScout to check, if a new Version of the application is available.
- Renamed 'Stack' to 'vClipboard' in the hope that this is easier to understand for most of the users how copy and move operations can be performed.
- New "Search for text" function in the integrated text editor (incl. "Find next" function and case sensitive/case insensitive switch)
- New keyboard shortcut: [SHIFT]+[M] (M)odify Image
- New Thumbnail Option: 'Do not try to reload broken images' - when you have specified a 'Thumbnail-Store Directory' FileScout can also store the information about broken images - so the next time folders with broken images are opened there will be no warning message for the same files again.
- If 'Confirm Delete of files & directories' is enabled, and you want to delete multiple files you have a new checkbox in the confirm dialogue: 'Do not ask again for this selection?' - once this is checked, all files of the selection will be deleted without additional confirmation.
- Loading of folders containing more then 1000 files now much faster (again) - progress bar updating fixed
FileScout Core Features:
- FileScout is a file system browser for your BlackBerry® (including hidden files)
- Create directories, copy, move, rename, or delete files
- Zip and Unzip files or complete directory structures with your BlackBerry®
- Copy and delete complete directory structures
- Open all media files (supported by your BlackBerry®)
- Register additional file types with other (3rd party) applications (if supported)
- Open files (like ini, xml, etc.) as plain text so you can edit, mark, copy, and paste text fragments of files that normally can't be opened with your BlackBerry®. This can become very valuable when you receive email attachments that are not normally supported by your BlackBerry®
- Delete pre-installed wallpapers, videos, and ringtones in order to free memory on your device***
- Please note: once these features are deleted, the only way to get them back is to hard reset your device!
- Display thumbnails for supported image files (if enabled in the options)
- Search for files and directories on your BlackBerry® device
- Send any file as an email attachment to your BlackBerry® contacts
- Send any file via Bluetooth to another device that support OBEX
- Define a favorite directory list (as shortcuts)
- Show details for files & directories [modification date, is hidden, etc...]
- Resize (& rotate) images in order to save time and money when sending photos to your friends via your BlackBerry®
- Create playlists (across multiple folders)
- More to come? - is there really something you miss for a file manager application? If so, let me know!
Some files on BlackBerry® devices have some type of DRM (Digital Rights Management). As a result, these files cannot be copied or moved. FileScout will give you a warning once you try to copy a file that has 'encrypted content'. FileScout will mark these files with a "caution" symbol. Additionally, in some cases, it will not be possible to delete this content.
Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)
Thanks for the update.
Wonder if this new one will work on the Tour? only one way to find out :lmao:
Most important item with this install is that you MUST uninstall any previous versions of this software before installing this version! If you don't have a previous version installed, then just do the install as usual.
Still doesn't work on the Tour
Originally Posted by Bryan
Sorry to hear that Bryan mfg:
Thanks I didn't have my hopes up :lmao: I just miss the functions of this app since getting my Tour.
Originally Posted by statustray
I like it so much that when I am at work and talking with other people with BBs, and trying to explain how to navigate the file system we are stuck.... hahahaha.... so I have converted a few people at my main office over to filescout and they really like it. They always ask me "Why didn't BB include this in their system?!?"
I agree make navigation a breeze and with the other benefits like deleting sample media, and zip features it is a great all around app.
Originally Posted by statustray
BBFileScout now FileScout
BBFileScout has been updated and the name changed to FileScout. Anyone who has used this knows how great it is at cleaning up unwanted files on your BlackBerry. Please go to the following link to check out the new program and for a link to download the new version. They recommend deleing the old version before installing the new one!
FileScout Homepage - a file manager Software for BlackBerry Devices with OS 4.3 or higher
Tags for this Thread