Vlingo Plus and email voice to text
I have been using the free version of Vlingo (love it) and I have not been able to determine if a certain feature is included in the paid Plus version. The Vlingo website states the paid version allows you to 'send an email' and 'reply to an email. Ok... Does this mean you can just create, in Vlingo, to whom the email is going to/replying to or can you create the text of the message also. If yes, is there a character limit for a message like with sms? It is not clear to me, at least!!!
Last edited by d_1000; 08-26-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Haven't got a clue on this one sorry. Maybe another member knows?
1. Yes you can send a email by saying "Send email to contactname. Message theemailmessagethatyouwanttosend". You can tell it to insert punctuation like commas, periods, exclamation marks etc.
Originally Posted by d_1000
2. You can reply to an open email. You can compose a new email or sms message.
3. It does not work with BB Messenger (no matter the version).
4. No, there is no character limit- except for SMS messages.
5. You can tell it something like this too "Search andthenthesearchstring" and it will go out on the web and come back with web pages that fit the criterial.
The list goes on and on. BUT you must have a data plan on your smartphone because it uses data to work. How it works is you tell it what you want to type using your voice, it then sends it to Vlingo's servers and transmits back to your BB what you "said" or a close verison thereof.
Hope this helps,
Tags for this Thread