Google maps on storm running 5.0 OS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Google maps on storm running 5.0 OS

  1. #1
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times

    Google maps on storm running 5.0 OS

    this may have been covered before and i just missed it but i'm having trouble running Gmaps on 5.0. i can run it but i have found that i have a non-storm version installed. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling without any luck. the downloader must detect what os and device your running and download the appropriate version. with 5.0 not being approved for the storm it must recognize it as another device and download the wrong version. does anyone know of a direct link to the storm version and not the link that downloads to all BB's?




  2. #2
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    this may have been covered before and i just missed it but i'm having trouble running Gmaps on 5.0. i can run it but i have found that i have a non-storm version installed. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling without any luck. the downloader must detect what os and device your running and download the appropriate version. with 5.0 not being approved for the storm it must recognize it as another device and download the wrong version. does anyone know of a direct link to the storm version and not the link that downloads to all BB's?
    Unfortunately there is not a storm version that is compatible with 5.0.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  3. #3
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    Unfortunately there is not a storm version that is compatible with 5.0.
    thanks...so this is probably a known issue i just missed right? is BBmaps compatible?

  4. #4
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    It is a small issue that you misse3d, but BBMaps does play nicely with the 5.0 os
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  5. #5
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    It is a small issue that you misse3d, but BBMaps does play nicely with the 5.0 os
    hmm...just tried to download bbmaps and it said your device doesn't meet system requirements....

  6. #6
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    ahhhh......i received that message as well. You will probably have to uninstall and reinstall the 5.0 and click on bbmaps from your loading screen.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  7. #7
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    hmm...just tried to download bbmaps and it said your device doesn't meet system requirements....
    You cannot download BBMaps by OTA that is only for devices software 4.5 and below. You will have to add it by DM or App loader

  8. #8
    rasputin's Avatar
    rasputin is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kentwood, Michigan
    Device
    9530
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Posts
    405
    Liked
    0 times
    i've had a bunch of crashes while running bb maps... cant seem to find a gps app that works nicely with 5.0, ohwel.. things always get better, right?

  9. #9
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    hang in there rasputin.....it is only a matter of time until we get this whole 5.0 working at a 100%
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  10. #10
    rasputin's Avatar
    rasputin is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kentwood, Michigan
    Device
    9530
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Posts
    405
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah but by then there will be a brand new broken os i'l want to use .. hahah

  11. #11
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    yeah but by then there will be a brand new broken os i'l want to use .. hahah

    :laugh2::laugh2:Looking forward to the new broken OS too:laugh2::laugh2:
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  12. #12
    rasputin's Avatar
    rasputin is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kentwood, Michigan
    Device
    9530
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Posts
    405
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    :laugh2::laugh2:Looking forward to the new broken OS too:laugh2::laugh2:
    yeah its kinda sick isnt it?

  13. #13
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    There seems to be a work-around for GM running on 5.0 but I am going to let Cat guinea pig it first. If it works will post it up.

  14. #14
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    There seems to be a work-around for GM running on 5.0 but I am going to let Cat guinea pig it first. If it works will post it up.
    works like a charm j...post it up. before doing this uninstall your current googlemaps then reboot.

  15. #15
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    it's not really a workaround...just the correct files to load.
    here's the file
    Last edited by catstide; 08-23-2009 at 07:44 PM.

  16. #16
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    works like a charm j...post it up. before doing this uninstall your current googlemaps then reboot.
    Will do.

  17. #17
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    it's not really a workaround...just the correct files to load.
    here's the file
    Cat is correct. The difference being that instead of loading google maps OTA you load through DM.

    Thanks to robnhl over at CB for providing the correct files.

  18. #18
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Cat is correct. The difference being that instead of loading google maps OTA you load through DM.

    Thanks to robnhl over at CB for providing the correct files.
    plus you have to use the files posted above...they've been tinkered with.

  19. #19
    trunk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Posts
    190
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    I had this same problem but it somehow fixed itself when I deleted and reinstalled google maps. Another option would be to load it from your comp using a previous backup. Hope this helps

  20. #20
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trunk View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    I had this same problem but it somehow fixed itself when I deleted and reinstalled google maps. Another option would be to load it from your comp using a previous backup. Hope this helps
    Are you running OS 5.0? Once you delete google maps on 5.0 you cannot reinstall it as it will not recognize it and provide you with the version with the trackball. The only fix I am aware of is to load via DM through with the files in Cat's post above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •