Slacker Updated to 2.0.39
Slacker is now at 2.0.39...
found it on my own but did a search and found crackberry just got this too.
here is the change list from crackberry:
# Improved battery life up to 2x (over previous versions) while streaming (Slacker has seen Storm devices playing up to 9 hours over 3G with this build)
# Improved usability enhancements to the interface, including a "Home" button to quickly access the station list
# Added ability to toggle the explicit content filter (on/off) from the main menu
# Addressed an issue where pausing a song for an extended period of time did not properly resume playback
# Addressed an issue where phone calls or message alerts would prevent playback from resuming properly for some listeners
my own findings also add:
-new boot screen
-faster boot time
-somewhat tweaked interface (new banner)
- if u ever saw the about screen, it is now easier to read and more detailed
-new enhancements to play screen including:
--larger album art
--larger text for song and artist
--cleaner looking play pause etc buttons
--much faster loading of songs (for me almost instantaneous)
will report back if i find anything else
Slacker 2.0.39 an update for the Storm client
Slacker Personal Radio released an update for their Blackberry client. This upgrade is for the Storm and is now at version 2.0.39. If you have Slacker or you are interested in getting Slacker for your Blackberry then head on over to Slacker.com on your Berry for the download.
The update has a few improvements however the biggest one is a much improved battery life for your device while running the mobile radio app. Changes are listed below
• Improved battery life up to 2X more than previous versions. (Slacker boasts that this build can have a Storm streaming music for up to 9 hours on a 3G network)
• Added ability to toggle the explicit content filter from the main menu. (On/off)
• Improved enhancements to the user interface. This includes a “Home” button so the user can quickly access the station list.
• Addresses an issue where a paused song would not properly resume playback after an extended period on pause.
• Addresses the issue where an interruption (phone call, message alerts, etc.) would prevent resuming playback properly.
The updated app should be in App World shortly but until then you can scope up the latest version of Slacker by going to their mobile site in the Blackberry browser on your Storm. So what are you waiting for? If you have a Storm and have Slacker head on over to the Slacker site to get the update. If you don’t have Slacker then go get it! And of course, like always let us know what you think of the app and its improvements below.