Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 35

  1. #1
    snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Posts
    216

    Storm Slider latest release trashing memory

    Am I the only one that upgraded to Storm Slider 4.0 yesterday only to find my memory getting trashed? I paid to upgrade, only to find it suck my memory dry. They've put out 2 updates since then (running 4.02 now) but still noticing unacceptable memory drain.

    If this is to be expected or if SS is a known memory drag, does anyone know of a better solution?

    Thanks!




  2. #2
    kcpaynev1's Avatar
    kcpaynev1 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow kcpaynev1 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    BOLD 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.340
    Posts
    92
    i have ss running with no memory issues. do you have any other 3rd party apps running?

  3. #3
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post
    Am I the only one that upgraded to Storm Slider 4.0 yesterday only to find my memory getting trashed? I paid to upgrade, only to find it suck my memory dry. They've put out 2 updates since then (running 4.02 now) but still noticing unacceptable memory drain.

    If this is to be expected or if SS is a known memory drag, does anyone know of a better solution?

    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcpaynev1 View Post
    i have ss running with no memory issues. do you have any other 3rd party apps running?
    I have not noticed any significant memory drain...what 3rd party apps are you running? hybrid?

  4. #4
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    4.2 fixed the memory problems. i'm running it with no memory drop.

  5. #5
    snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    I have not noticed any significant memory drain...what 3rd party apps are you running? hybrid?
    My memory was extremely stable before this update. I hadn't added/changed any apps before/after the upgrade...which is why I think it's caused by the latest version of SS.

    I'm running BBCM 7.2 over .148 OS (w. a .132 radio). About the only app running is Ubertwitter.

  6. #6
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    4.2 fixed the memory problems. i'm running it with no memory drop.
    It helps when you are running 5.0. I just can't seem to get this OS to leak and trust me I've tried.

  7. #7
    snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    It helps when you are running 5.0. I just can't seem to get this OS to leak and trust me I've tried.
    Well, I guess that's one motivation to step up to 5.0. I just noticed there's also a new version of App World and saw some folks discussing an update icon that was popping up...perhaps there was an update icon I hadn't noticed that contributed to the drain.

    I'm updating the App World and also grabbed the latest Ubertwitter. Think I'll also update Pandora, give it a day, and if it continues to drain, I'll report back.

    Thanks for reminding me that it's been a full month since I wiped my handheld and brought things up to the latest/greatest from BBCM! :cool2:

  8. #8
    kcpaynev1's Avatar
    kcpaynev1 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow kcpaynev1 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    BOLD 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.340
    Posts
    92
    the memory leak has been solved with the 4.1 update. the only thing 4.2 updated was the previous version was forcing itself into compatibility mode for some reason.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •