Whitelist and Blacklist
without sounding dumb what is the whitelist and blacklist. I am not sure the difference in the 2 choices and how do they differ and how do they work?
Welcome to BBOS! And there are no dumb questions here my friend.
Originally Posted by tinske_J_M
Blacklist are callers let's say from telemarketers that you can reject. There are several options like hangup, send to voice mail, pickup and hangup. Kind of a nice feature to get rid of annoying callers.
I have not played around with the whitelist option but my guess is these are callers that you can approve that are not already in your contact list.
I have to say for the berrybuzz and vib and ring users out there (I am not) this is a nice light app, I wonder what they will charge for it. I see that they have a place to type in your registration Key and am wondering if this will be disabled when i goes paid, but I gotta tell you this is a nice app with TONS of options. If you havent checked it out and you use vib and ring, have annoying callers you should at least try this app out
Just a tip, it annoyed me last night, the phone is set to vibrate every 50 seconds of a call, as a feature, it can be turned off. i had to end the call after 15 min and figure it out it was bothering me!
Originally Posted by tinske_J_M
a whitelist is just the opposite of blacklist. if you only want to receive calls from certain people(maybe friends and family) you can convert to whitelist and add callers that you want to receive calls from.all other calls will be blocked.
Originally Posted by jlevy73
I hear you on that one and disabled it as I read through all of the features selections. Did not feel I needed that particular one set up.
Originally Posted by dreamtobelieve
I would like to see however a graphic associated with each Emoticon for clarificaiton. Other than that this is a good multi function app to have.
BerryAddon Update released
I have been trying this app for a while and it works great.
An update to this has been released with the following change log and instructions:
UPDATE: BerryAddon .92 has been released
1. only 4.6+ version is updated.
2. **new** if you have closed the add contact prompt dialog, berryaddon will not prompt the same number again (this option is default ON)
2. **new** you can add numbers to "not log to calendar" list, so the call of that number will not log to calendar.
3. fixed a bug that case phone vibrate twice after call disconnected.
4. **new** when added number to firewall's blacklist, if the length of blacklist number in 3-7, firewall will use it as prefix to black numbers, for example:
number "800" will block all the numbers start with 800.
number "8001234" will block all numbers start with 8001234
number "80012345" will ONLY block number "80012345"
(this option is default OFF)
5. **new** berryaddon now can prevent users calling numbers in blacklist. (this option is default OFF)
6. the "block private number" and "block unknown number" are now combined into "block private&unknown number"
7. **new** you can now set autolock to lock device only on homescreen (this option is default OFF)
8. fixed the blacklist, blocked call viewer's display issue.
ATTENTION: before install 0.92, pls export your black/white/emoticon list , uninstall berryaddon 0.91 and reinstall 0.92, import black/white/emoticon list.
ANYONE who has installed 0.92 from OTA server before 15/08/2009, please reinstall it through OTA, A bug has been found that when device in standby, firewall will not work.
4.5 OTA: www.all4berry.com/ota/BerryAddon.jad --0.91
4.6 OTA: www.all4berry.com/ota/BerryAddon_46.jad --0.92
Tags for this Thread