Ubertwitter v4 being readied for release
i looked and didnt see this anywhere so if i missed it mods feel free to close/move/merge/delete this thread.
Fri, 08/07/2009 - 06:46 — CodeWarden
This release deepens support for Twitter features and takes further advantage of the capablities available in your BlackBerry device.
Below is the list of features and bug fixes that made it into this release. We didn't get ALL of the capabilities we wanted into this release, see the bottom of the page for items we are still working on.
* Multiple Accounts - You can now configure multiple accounts, each with their own set of on-device preferences.
* You can now BLOCK people!
* Video Integration - We have partnered with TwitVid.com to offer you an outstanding video integration.
* Goto user - You can now enter twitter users name and go directly to their timeline
* URL Shortening - we've integrated with bit.ly so you can easily send those long URLs now and not bump up against the 140 limit
* MUCH faster photo uploads, significantly improving the user experience.
* Use of the internal GPS is now solidly supported with proper fallback to cell tower based location when GPS isn't available.
* Icon Caching If you have and SD card, we will cache avatar icons on the card, increasing the speed of timeline displays and reducing network traffic.
* You can now select pictures and videos that have already been take and are on your device. The interface shows the most recent at the top and offers a preview so you can verify it is the picture/video you expected!
* When composing a tweet you can now insert symbols from a large selection of commonly available characters such as smiley's, hearts, etc.
* Integrated advertisements - Please note, the ads are there to support the freely distributable version of ÜberTwitter. Users that purchase ÜberTwitter will not have advertisement in their version.
* We've streamlined the friends and followers lists
* You can now see both the number of friends, followers, and tweets sent when viewing the details of a tweet.
* Replying to a DM from the timeline will now correctly send a DM and not a regular tweet
* Fixed the bug in reply all where it would truncate some twitter user names
* Added reply all to the menu when viewing a tweet
The list below includes features and capabilities which just didn't make it into this release (not enough time in the day!). We will be working on these for the next release though.
* Integration into the BlackBerry browser such that URLs can be included directly in a tweet from the browser menu.
* Saved searches - integrate the new Twitter saved search API. Searches saved via the Twitter web site will be useable on ÜberTwitter and vice versa
* Twitter name menu - Type '@' and a list of your friends automatically pops up allowing selection
want to try but twitter is still down... :Eyecrazy:
Thanks for posting Wow this is great news and sounds like a great update
Don't know exactly what version Beta 4 is, but the latest beta in dev is .903.
idk but im not so happy about the ads... maybe the new TG or Social Scope is in order
how do you get into the dev lol i want in
Last edited by wowthatisrandom; 08-07-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Yeah the ads started in versions .8X and up. They're an eyesore to look at.
Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom
The ads really are not that bad! And when I say ads, I mean ad because its only one per timeline. It isn't like you have one every 5 tweets or anything - just one small space that changes from time to time. It takes up the space of one small tweet and doesn't follow you when you scroll through your timeline... Even BBOS has ads somewhere on the page - its no different...
Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom
I'm using .903 and personally the ad thing doesn't even phase me.
My favorite part of this one is the FASTER PHOTO uploads - will be interesting to see what its like when uberpic gets replaced.
I am so looking forward to this release since I love the ubertwitter gui which is pretty simplistic or my blackberry.
Great write up on the front page Dream :fing02:
thank you very much sir!
Originally Posted by Bryan
Tags for this Thread