NEW SmrtGuard - Updated to 2.15
Has anyone tried out SmrtGuard ?
SmrtGuard has been upgraded to version 2.15.
SmrtGuard :: Your Smartphone Guardian
I just downloaded it on my Storm 9530 to walk it through it's paces. It seems to be able to automatically backup (OTA):
It also has the capability to help you locate you BB if it is ever lost/stolen. It has too many features for me to even list here. My backup hasn't completed yet, but it tells me it is "Working........"
Right now it's free, but I suspect they will charge a fee for this one.
Let me know your thoughts/feedback on this app.
Updated March 9, 2010
The latest version is v2.15, released on March 9th, 2010.
**Please upgrade before continuing to use SmrtGuard**
*** Please perform a manual backup after upgrade ***
What is New in v2.15?
1. Improved remote wipe so it dynamically deletes most if not all 3rd party applications (i.e. - Facebook, MySpace, Gmail, and many more) in addition to Password Keeper, native Message and Phone applications.
2. Added password protection to SmrtGuard application. Users now can set a password before accessing SmrtGuard application.
3. Bug fix - prevent backing up empty data.
Also in this release:
* Added Battery Life and Radio Signals in Dashboard
* SmrtGuard for Android now supports Remote Tracking / Data Wipe. Also Remote Listen.
* Improvements to Dashboard, such as you can see when the last backed up date was from the web.
* Introduced SmrtGuard-Free version, which allows anyone to use the Remote Functions Free of Charge
How do you upgrade?
Point your BlackBerry browser to http://www.smrtguard.com/m and click on download
On your BlackBerry Smartphone:
1. Click on SmrtGuard icon
2. Click on About SmrtGuard menu
3. Click on "Check for Update"
You will be taken to the download site from there.
The SmrtGuard Team
If you have question, please contact email@example.com or via phone +1 732 579 3649 (M-F 11:00 AM to 7:00PM EST)
The Pricing Plan
We thank you for your interests. Sorry for the delay dear follower, we are making sure when you pay for our service, you get the best experience.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE OR TEST RUN THE SOFTWARE
Under the current economic condition, we at SmrtGuard offer flexible pricing plans with you in mind. For less than a cup of gourmet coffee, you can start using our device and data protection services.
Choose the one suits you best:
Monthly Charge $3.99 every month and no discount.
Semi-annual Charge $22.99 every six months which equates to $3.81 per month, and is a discount of 4.00%
Yearly Charge $44.99 every year which equates to $3.74 per month, and is a discount of 6.25%
Last edited by statustray; 03-09-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Reason: Update SmrtGuard to v2.15...
Never heard of it, but it sounds good...I'll let you know my thoughts after I check it out.
Nice! Thanks statustray!!!
Originally Posted by statustray
Yes, thanks trying it now.
I'm llinking this to the blog page.
I heard about it but did not think anything of it. Worth the download?
Hey neo, can you or B post this on the blog. It still won't let me post pic's
me neither the last time i tried...just put up a good description and link them here
Originally Posted by Shanepark2
when pics are back up, you can go back in under manage and edit the post
So far it works, I got an exception error, but it seems ok, I love the look of it!
Originally Posted by BlackberryOS
Last edited by Neolantis; 03-21-2009 at 06:11 PM.