I like the features but the subscription fees are way too high.
I hear ya jotan. it can be a little tough to swollow esp now days. Im just tough on my phones so i have always taken the insurance and now smrt guard. IMHO for me the 4$ is worth it a month, but hey, ya never know maybe they'll reduce their prices. $$:dunno:$$
Originally Posted by jotan
Yes, I ended up going with the subscription as well a couple of weeks ago. I signed up for a year up front using a coupon code I came across for mobihand for either 20 or 25% off. That brought the price down for me ;-)
Updated OP to reflect new version of SmrtGuart 1.76.
What is the latest version of SmrtGuard for BB?
The latest version is v1.76, released on June 22th, 2009.
**Please upgrade before continuing using SmrtGuard**
What is New?
1. Added support for SMS backup, viewable on the web!
NOTE 1: Due to limitation on BlackBerry platform, SMS that are sent and received AFTER installation of SmrtGuard v1.75 will be backed-up.
NOTE 2: Due to limitation on BlackBerry platform, SMS restore are restored as Memo titled "SmrGuard SMS Restore <Month, Year>" where all your SMS within 1 month is restored within 1 memo.
2. Fixed Wifi backup problem on OS 4.6.1.x
3. Audio Ping and Remote lock via email where users can audio ping or remote lock with an email with specific subject (set as preference)
4. Add Preference screen to set subject that triggers adhoc audio ping and remote lock from an email.
5. Added Preference screen where you can set which email inbox does SmrtGuard notifications get sent to.
6. Added SIMCard Guardian for iDEN (Sprint/Nextel)
7. Fixed bug with Personal Guardian location link for CDMA device
8. Easy Activation - No Activation Code Needed.
Thanks statustray :fing02:
Wirelessly posted (STORM 9530)
Great post, thanks for the info. Gonna make sure I have update now.
As for the coupon code. You still have that handy lol. I signed up for monthly just to make sure I was gonna like it. Def gonna keep this service though.
wow everyone what a great thread. status and company thank you all for posting. I will definetly try this out. My only problem is when...now with the storm or soon with the tour..lol
It's very pricey though... Is there any other programs that offer this service? I was told be a friend at work that something like this is included in the new 3.0 for the itoy..
Also, sorry but I didn't see your post until this morning. My bad... hehe... But to answer your question the code I used no longer works I usually get codes every few so many days-- ones that they send me since I purchase software from time to time through them. When I get another code (it could be today but who knows), I promise to post it up.
Originally Posted by medic0906