Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 107

  1. #9
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    me neither the last time i tried...just put up a good description and link them here

    when pics are back up, you can go back in under manage and edit the post





    So far it works, I got an exception error, but it seems ok, I love the look of it!
    The only thing is that it requires a blackberry.com email seetup to track it.



  2. #10
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    WoW great find :-)

  3. #11
    statustray's Avatar
    statustray is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bbOSLand
    Device
    Verizon 9530 (S
    OS
    5.0.0.484 (Platform
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    The only thing is that it requires a blackberry.com email seetup to track it.
    I know that it says that on their website, but I promise you that I am not using my bb email address, and it works fine. Matter fact I receive emails from it as well when I test the email features.

    I did notice a couple of things though:

    1. Received an unknown exception immediately after install
    2. When I first tried to "track" it put me a little distance away from where I really was because it was using a feature I assume is close to Google Maps (cell tower triangulation). BUT, suprisingly about 5 minutes later, I put right on spot with where I was at the time.

    Well, I guess that's why they call this BETA ;-)



  4. #12
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    The only thing is that it requires a blackberry.com email seetup to track it.
    I went back and looked at it, they don't require one just strongly recommend one. Maybe for security reasons.

  5. #13
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by statustray View Post
    I know that it says that on their website, but I promise you that I am not using my bb email address, and it works fine. Matter fact I receive emails from it as well when I test the email features.

    I did notice a couple of things though:

    1. Received an unknown exception immediately after install
    2. When I first tried to "track" it put me a little distance away from where I really was because it was using a feature I assume is close to Google Maps (cell tower triangulation). BUT, suprisingly about 5 minutes later, I put right on spot with where I was at the time.

    Well, I guess that's why they call this BETA ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    I went back and looked at it, they don't require one just strongly recommend one. Maybe for security reasons.
    Here is the message I get when trying to track my bb
    SYSTEM MESSAGE:
    * You have not setup BlackBerry Native Email. Before setting up, you will NOT be able to use the remote tracking, remote wipe, and audio ping features.
    * Please read the User Guide on how to setup a BlackBerry Native Email Account.
    * In the mean time, you WILL be able to use the on-device FollowMe and over the air backup and restore features.



  6. #14
    statustray's Avatar
    statustray is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bbOSLand
    Device
    Verizon 9530 (S
    OS
    5.0.0.484 (Platform
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    Here is the message I get when trying to track my bb
    SYSTEM MESSAGE:
    * You have not setup BlackBerry Native Email. Before setting up, you will NOT be able to use the remote tracking, remote wipe, and audio ping features.
    * Please read the User Guide on how to setup a BlackBerry Native Email Account.
    * In the mean time, you WILL be able to use the on-device FollowMe and over the air backup and restore features.
    Hi there Shanepark2,

    I can do remote tracking, and use the audio ping features all on my Storm w/out using my native Verizon branded email address. I have not attempted to do a remote wipe though. But....

    Just for kicks, and you try this?:

    1. Signon to your smrtGuard account on their website
    2. Click on the "Account" tab
    3. Under the "Profile Information" section there should be an option for "Click to Verify email"

    I did verify my email previously, but I to be honest I cannot recall if I did a verify before I tried to do the "audio ping" or not.

    It should be noted that I do have the email address I used on my phone (just didn't use the Verizon branded email address). When I did the verify, it came to my phone and then I clicked the link within the email to verify. It then opened up my BB browser, and went to the site and told me on the screen that my email is now verified.

  7. #15
    DSSFASTEDDIE is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    9530
    OS
    BBcrackman .114 Hybrid V2!
    Posts
    1

    Cool Love It

    I love it works very well! & an blackberry.com Or blackberry.net are easy to get. You just can't wipe or a few other things with your reg email. I am just waiting for tech support how to chg email address i signed up with.Other then that it tracks very well! Dead On it

  8. #16
    statustray's Avatar
    statustray is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bbOSLand
    Device
    Verizon 9530 (S
    OS
    5.0.0.484 (Platform
    Posts
    254
    SmrtGuard released a newer version beta last night. I grabbed it this morning and ran a few backups, seems to work pretty good thus far ;-)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •