Came across this list of apps from keeping a eye on calorie intake, to helping you quit smoking. Check out these 5 free apps to help you stay healthy...
· Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal (Free): Weight loss is one of the most popular New Year's resolutions. With the largest food database of any BlackBerry calorie counter (over 1,700,000 foods), and fast food and exercise entry, MyFitnessPal is a fast and easy diet app that will help you take those extra pounds off.
· Gym Technik (Free): Many of us make efforts to stay fit and healthy. Whether you’re just getting started on a fitness regimen in the New Year or are a seasoned gym rat, Gym Technik is a handy mobile web application that assists in planning your workout routines and keeping track of them on the spot. The app offers workout guidance and allows you to track workouts, body stats, and schedule monthly workout routines to motivate and reach fitness goals faster.
· adidas miCoach (Free): Can’t afford a personal trainer? No need! With adidas miCoach, put your trainer in the palm of your hand. GPS and real time audible coaching keep you going past your personal best; you can choose a training plan customized for your sport and build the speed and endurance to go even farther. Sync up to miCoach.com so you can save and view your detailed workout analysis.
· Endomondo Sports Tracker (Free): For those taking on a new activity while staying fit, Endomondo Sports Tracker allows you to use your mobile as a free personal coach and training partner. Using the built-in GPS, it tracks your running, cycling, hiking, kayaking, skiing - you name it! As a bonus, you get audio feedback while working out and, for an extra motivator, you can see your friends' latest workouts in real-time.
· Quit Smoking Tracker (Free): Stick to that resolution to stop smoking with the help of Quit Smoking Tracker. Quit Smoking tracks your current and potential smoking habits beginning the minute it's activated – the app keeps track of how much time you have quit smoking and helps you stay motivated. You can track the amount of money saved, the life you extended and the number of cigarettes you avoided since you quit smoking.