Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 9 to 15 of 15

  1. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by catstide
    i used to use the old(free)one but deleted it when i started using meterberry.does it do anything that meterberry doesn't?...other than scheduling reboots for different days.
    Ya quickpull is a much smaller
    App. And doesn't eat memory
    Your trying to preserve. Unlike
    Meterberry.



  2. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)



    Ya quickpull is a much smaller
    App. And doesn't eat memory
    Your trying to preserve. Unlike
    Meterberry.
    Yeah! Down with MB! Power to the QP!!

    ----------------
    Now playing: Brad Miller - Push The Night 05 - Live at Sullivan Room, NYC (2-2-08)
    via FoxyTunes

  3. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    I dunno Lou...I upgraded and after it loaded, I clicked the QP icon and my storm started acting crazy.....like the "enter" key was constantly being pressed...or stuck...weird. Hadda do a battery pull to get it to stop.

    I was hoping that it addressed the issue I have with it, and MB.

    Before I go to sleep, I set my alarm on my storm, put it into bedside mode and place it in it's charging cradle. IF I have a "scheduled reset" at...say, 6:30 am...it will reset and come back on with App menu showing...(landscape), NOT the clock...so if I take a groggy peek at my phone...I can't tell what time it is...so scheduled resets are out. Mentioned this to their Tech folks and was told that they knew this...Oh well.

    Anyone has an idea...or cure, please share. Thanks

    ..otherwise MB or QL will do the same thing...a soft reset.



  4. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    I dunno Lou...I upgraded and after it loaded, I clicked the QP icon and my storm started acting crazy.....like the "enter" key was constantly being pressed...or stuck...weird. Hadda do a battery pull to get it to stop.

    I was hoping that it addressed the issue I have with it, and MB.

    Before I go to sleep, I set my alarm on my storm, put it into bedside mode and place it in it's charging cradle. IF I have a "scheduled reset" at...say, 6:30 am...it will reset and come back on with App menu showing...(landscape), NOT the clock...so if I take a groggy peek at my phone...I can't tell what time it is...so scheduled resets are out. Mentioned this to their Tech folks and was told that they knew this...Oh well.

    Anyone has an idea...or cure, please share. Thanks

    ..otherwise MB or QL will do the same thing...a soft reset.
    No worries, Ripken. To each his or her own. I just like to razz MB and the OCD behavior that seems to result from the app.

    Then again, I am a bit OCD over diet and exercise these days, so I should not cast stones in that glass house, oui?

    Peace, love and BlackBerry to all.

    ----------------
    Now playing: Brad Miller - Push The Night 05 - Live at Sullivan Room, NYC (2-2-08)
    via FoxyTunes

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Quote Originally Posted by louwiid View Post
    No worries, Ripken. To each his or her own. I just like to razz MB and the OCD behavior that seems to result from the app.

    Then again, I am a bit OCD over diet and exercise these days, so I should not cast stones in that glass house, oui?

    Peace, love and BlackBerry to all.

    ----------------
    Now playing: Brad Miller - Push The Night 05 - Live at Sullivan Room, NYC (2-2-08)
    via FoxyTunes
    If you're gonna get an OCD over something...I suppose you could have chosen worse things...:bigok:
    Last edited by Orio; 07-05-2009 at 06:55 PM.



  6. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    Before I go to sleep, I set my alarm on my storm, put it into bedside mode and place it in it's charging cradle. IF I have a "scheduled reset" at...say, 6:30 am...it will reset and come back on with App menu showing...(landscape), NOT the clock...so if I take a groggy peek at my phone...I can't tell what time it is...so scheduled resets are out.
    i use meterberry and get the same results. i think it's the .151 OS that's causing the issues. i don't sweat it too much because i get up at 6:00 and have my reset at 5:50 so if i look over and see my app screen i know it's between 5:55 and 6:00.:fing02:

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i use meterberry and get the same results. i think it's the .151 OS that's causing the issues. i don't sweat it too much because i get up at 6:00 and have my reset at 5:50 so if i look over and see my app screen i know it's between 5:55 and 6:00.:fing02:
    Now ....that's not bad:fing02: Good thinking. I've just stopped any scheduled reset....and I just do a MB reset sometime in the morning....if needed.

    But...really good idea.

    ...and Yes it is .151 I guess, because it didn't react like this before.
    Last edited by Orio; 07-05-2009 at 09:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •