Viigo alpha gets a sweet update!
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Viigo alpha gets a sweet update!

  1. #1
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times

    Viigo alpha gets a sweet update!

    One of my favorite applications has gotten another great update! Just this month or early last even Blackberryos anncounced a teaming up with viigo! So when we bring our BBOS podcast online our members will already have the best rss/social network friendly application loaded on thier berries
    Viigo Tango 9, version 3.1.330 now boasts the following improvements;

    Podcast support: updated to include some 10,000 podcast within 22 categories

    Deals: is a new module that is attached to gazaro

    Social networking: which includes Twitter, Friend Feed and Identica - they say facebook but it doesn't

    Weather module: updated to include real-time updates, day and night forecasts, radar and much more info.


    ***remember to uninstall any older version of this application before you upgrade****
    download it here OTA style...

    getviigo.com/download/privatebeta
    Last edited by smcoldbb; 06-26-2009 at 09:39 PM.


    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps


  2. #2
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Awesome, this is one of my favorite apps!

  3. #3
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Thanks SM :fing02: this should make all those Viigo users out there happy :dance:

  4. #4
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    I've always found this application to be a resource hog. Am I alone? I would love to love this app but I haven't been able to as of yet...

  5. #5
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    I've always found this application to be a resource hog. Am I alone? I would love to love this app but I haven't been able to as of yet...
    Nope I am with ya :banana:

  6. #6
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Nope I am with ya :banana:
    I can't have this app within 100 meters of my phone. It just sucks memory. battery and performance from my phone. Would love to use it as it has great functionality but not worth dealing with headache.

  7. #7
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I can't have this app within 100 meters of my phone. It just sucks memory. battery and performance from my phone. Would love to use it as it has great functionality but not worth dealing with headache.
    You sir have OMD (obsessive memory disorder)

    I have just the place for you...hehehe

  8. #8
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    You sir have OMD (obsessive memory disorder)

    I have just the place for you...hehehe
    Yeah but the counseling is not helping. I have placed a restraining against Viigo :banana:

  9. #9
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Yeah but the counseling is not helping. I have placed a restraining against Viigo :banana:
    hahaha, I know the feeling!!!! :alcoholic:

  10. #10
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Whens the last time you tried it though? I've used viigo since day one and I can say that it has definitely say it much better then it used to be. The alpha version is far far better then the beta.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

  11. #11
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    hahaha, I know the feeling!!!! :alcoholic:
    LMAO. Feel free to change Viigo with a word of your choosing

  12. #12
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    LMAO. Feel free to change Viigo with a word of your choosing
    Im sure I could come up with a few.....:Eyecrazy:

  13. #13
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    Whens the last time you tried it though? I've used viigo since day one and I can say that it has definitely say it much better then it used to be. The alpha version is far far better then the beta.
    SM I tried it on the last update and it took me 2 minutes to get my application screen open to delete it. I am not making that up. It is a shame cause it is a great app.

  14. #14
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    SM I tried it on the last update and it took me 2 minutes to get my application screen open to delete it. I am not making that up. It is a shame cause it is a great app.
    It wont load on the Star Tac Bryan....

  15. #15
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    It wont load on the Star Tac Bryan....
    at: what! If it won't run on the tac then I don't want it :bs2:

  16. #16
    louwiid's Avatar
    louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Liked
    0 times

    Viigo Memory/Battery Fix/Compromise

    I have found that if you adjust your Options to "Run in Background on Close: NO" you will eliminate the memory and battery issues because the app actually shuts down when you close it.

    On the down side, it does take a minute or two (eons in BlackBerry space-time relativity, I know) to update your channels when you open the app. However, if you are like me and only check it once or twice a week, you do not need the constant update and the attendant drains associated therewith. Personally, I do not think anyone really needs the constant updates, but one crusade at at time....
    It's still real to me, dammit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
    Who's awesome? You're awesome!
    NOCJ http://nocj.urbanup.com/4256654
    Any fool knows a Dog needs a home, a shelter from Pigs on the Wing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAYR5NReE8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Omz...layer_embedded

  17. #17
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by louwiid View Post
    I have found that if you adjust your Options to "Run in Background on Close: NO" you will eliminate the memory and battery issues because the app actually shuts down when you close it.

    On the down side, it does take a minute or two (eons in BlackBerry space-time relativity, I know) to update your channels when you open the app. However, if you are like me and only check it once or twice a week, you do not need the constant update and the attendant drains associated therewith. Personally, I do not think anyone really needs the constant updates, but one crusade at at time....
    Excellent point Lou :fing02:

  18. #18
    gordtm's Avatar
    gordtm is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    901
    Liked
    3 times
    Has anyone tried the Twitter app in Viigo?
    I tried to set it up to get it a try and it took so long to load, I gave up.

  19. #19
    louwiid's Avatar
    louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gordtm View Post
    Has anyone tried the Twitter app in Viigo?
    I tried to set it up to get it a try and it took so long to load, I gave up.
    It has been working fine for me. I do recall that it took my Twitter settings a little while to "settle in" on Viigo Alpha.

    ----------------
    Now playing: ESPN - The B.S. Report: 6/29 Part 1
    via FoxyTunes
    It's still real to me, dammit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
    Who's awesome? You're awesome!
    NOCJ http://nocj.urbanup.com/4256654
    Any fool knows a Dog needs a home, a shelter from Pigs on the Wing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAYR5NReE8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Omz...layer_embedded

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •