CrackUtil
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: CrackUtil

  1. #1
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times

    Question CrackUtil

    Ok so I have just download CrackUtil and I am using the storm

    but for some reason every time I connect my storm to my computer and open CrackUtil it ask for the password which I don't have one so I leave it blank, but then if gives me the error Access Denied.

    Is anyone else having this problem? Or know how to fix?s it




  2. #2
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    Ok so I have just download CrackUtil and I am using the storm

    but for some reason every time I connect my storm to my computer and open CrackUtil it ask for the password which I don't have one so I leave it blank, but then if gives me the error Access Denied.

    Is anyone else having this problem? Or know how to fix?s it
    Are you running Crack Util under admin? Rt click on Crack Util icon/run as/ admin. See if that does not help

  3. #3
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Are you running Crack Util under admin? Rt click on Crack Util icon/run as/ admin. See if that does not help
    OK i will try that oh and sorry about putting this post in the wrong area :-/ not sure why it went here

    -----------

    Ok so i tried that and it went further this time but tells me the password is incorrect or phone isn't connected and i know for a fact i do not have a password, hmmmm
    Last edited by Kris; 03-17-2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Update

  4. #4
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    OK i will try that oh and sorry about putting this post in the wrong area :-/ not sure why it went here

    -----------

    Ok so i tried that and it went further this time but tells me the password is incorrect or phone isn't connected and i know for a fact i do not have a password, hmmmm
    Which Operating system is your pc running? xp (sp2 or 3) or vista (x32 or x64)
    Last edited by Shane; 03-17-2009 at 04:08 PM.

  5. #5
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times

  6. #6
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok so you have done this?
    SPECIAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR MICROSOFT VISTA USERS

    Microsoft Vista is a very secure environment and for good reasons it objects to some of the things that CrackUtil does within the Program Files folder.

    Under Microsoft Vista you need to take additional step is needed after installation on all versions.

    Right click on the CrackUtil icon and scroll to Properties.



    Select Properties and then on the next panel, select Compatability and then click Run this program as an administrator. This only need to be done once right after installation.



    Note the check in the Run this program as an administrator box.

    This only has to be done once.

    This procedure needs to be repeated for the program javaloader.exe which resides in the C:\Program Files\CrackUtil folder with CrackUtil.

  7. #7
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry about the repost, but I thought you wouldn't see if I edited.


    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    Ok so you have done this?
    SPECIAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR MICROSOFT VISTA USERS

    Microsoft Vista is a very secure environment and for good reasons it objects to some of the things that CrackUtil does within the Program Files folder.

    Under Microsoft Vista you need to take additional step is needed after installation on all versions.

    Right click on the CrackUtil icon and scroll to Properties.



    Select Properties and then on the next panel, select Compatability and then click Run this program as an administrator. This only need to be done once right after installation.



    Note the check in the Run this program as an administrator box.

    This only has to be done once.

    This procedure needs to be ro epeated for the program javaloader.exe which resides in the C:\Program Files\CrackUtil folder with CrackUtil.

    Go to C:\Program Files\CrackUtil folder. Right-click on javaloader.exe , and select "Run as Administrator". Then select allow in the user control that pops up next. This will bring up a cmd dos screen that will pop-up then disappear.

  8. #8
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    Ok so you have done this?
    SPECIAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR MICROSOFT VISTA USERS

    Microsoft Vista is a very secure environment and for good reasons it objects to some of the things that CrackUtil does within the Program Files folder.

    Under Microsoft Vista you need to take additional step is needed after installation on all versions.

    Right click on the CrackUtil icon and scroll to Properties.



    Select Properties and then on the next panel, select Compatability and then click Run this program as an administrator. This only need to be done once right after installation.



    Note the check in the Run this program as an administrator box.

    This only has to be done once.

    This procedure needs to be repeated for the program javaloader.exe which resides in the C:\Program Files\CrackUtil folder with CrackUtil.
    Did all that you said and is still doing it for some reason

  9. #9
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    Sorry about the repost, but I thought you wouldn't see if I edited.





    Go to C:\Program Files\CrackUtil folder. Right-click on javaloader.exe , and select "Run as Administrator". Then select allow in the user control that pops up next. This will bring up a cmd dos screen that will pop-up then disappear.
    Did this as well and still nothing

  10. #10
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    Did this as well and still nothing
    Damm... I was sure that would do it. Let do a little digging on this. It just doesn't make sense how it works for some and not others. Your not the only one, this has been problem for lots of people. I fun into it with explaining the keyboard and mms fix.

  11. #11
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    I read all 13 pages of the original crackutil thread from pete6. A handful of people have the same problem as you. He still cant figure out whats causing it. OK, so I have been trying to get the errors your getting in Crackutil. The only way I can get the errors is if DM is also running. So there might be a chance DM is running on your pc in the background some how. So try this. plug your phone and connect to DM. Once it connects correctly, unplug phone and close DM. Now bring up your task manager, (right-click on bottom right of task bar were your time is and select task manager)




    make sure neither of these two highlighted processes are running. Now plug in your phone and run crackutil. The proccesses you should see in the task manager will be labeled CrackUTIL.exe. See if that helps at all. If not will, I'll look some more.

  12. #12
    wildcards's Avatar
    wildcards is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hamilton , Ontario
    Device
    9530 STORM
    OS
    4.7.114 Hybrid
    Posts
    33
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    I read all 13 pages of the original crackutil thread from pete6. A handful of people have the same problem as you. He still cant figure out whats causing it. OK, so I have been trying to get the errors your getting in Crackutil. The only way I can get the errors is if DM is also running. So there might be a chance DM is running on your pc in the background some how. So try this. plug your phone and connect to DM. Once it connects correctly, unplug phone and close DM. Now bring up your task manager, (right-click on bottom right of task bar were your time is and select task manager)




    make sure neither of these two highlighted processes are running. Now plug in your phone and run crackutil. The proccesses you should see in the task manager will be labeled CrackUTIL.exe. See if that helps at all. If not will, I'll look some more.
    I had the same problem what I did to fix the problem was unistall and re-instal the DM and that should fix the problem with the crack Util , well it fixed the problem with me.

  13. #13
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks wildcards. I'm hopeful this is the answer. When you re-install, did you go back to 4.7 or did you downgrade.

  14. #14
    wildcards's Avatar
    wildcards is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hamilton , Ontario
    Device
    9530 STORM
    OS
    4.7.114 Hybrid
    Posts
    33
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    Thanks wildcards. I'm hopeful this is the answer. When you re-install, did you go back to 4.7 or did you downgrade.
    I went back to 4.7, and worked like a charm

  15. #15
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry for the late reply, got busy lol

    i will try this right now and get back to you

  16. #16
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, got busy lol

    i will try this right now and get back to you
    good luck (fingers crossed)

  17. #17
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    good luck (fingers crossed)
    im also going to uninstall my blackberry drivers that way everything gets refreshed

  18. #18
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    im also going to uninstall my blackberry drivers that way everything gets refreshed
    can't hurt

  19. #19
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    UGH!!!

    Still don't work hmmmm. . . i might just wait and see if he releases a new version to fix's this problem

  20. #20
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Not to worry. Worst case is you just have do it without crackutil. All of the fixes can be done without it, it just takes a little longer. What were you trying to fix with crackutil, I'm sure I can find a way to fix it without using crackutil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •