QuickLaunch was updated today and this update brings BlackBerry7 support. The new version number is 3.8, and it comes with a few new features. A few to many to list on the front page! lol Make sure to head to our forums for a full change log.
Get QuickLaunch from the BlackBerryOS App StoreQuickLaunch is a must have application for every BlackBerry owner. With an interface that is seamlessly integrated with the look of the BlackBerry OS, QuickLaunch will create shortcuts to most any application on your device with ease and style. In addition the many added functions included QuickLaunch will enable you to delete several other apps on your device thus saving memory making QuickLaunch the 'Swiss Army Knife' of your Blackberry.
NEW FEATURES !
* Auto Fill
Allows you to set up text that you can insert into any app. Once configured (in QL Options) a system menu entry will appear. Position the cursor on any input field and select 'QL Auto Fill' from the menu. Choose one of your configured entries and the text is filled in for you.
This feature is ideal for website userid's and passwords! Sign in to your email account or forums much quicker with Auto Fill!
Note: Does not work on all OS6 browsers due to a bug in some OS6 operating systems.
* Now launches Universal Search and Word Mole
* Bedside Mode Shortcut
* Alternate Launch Methods
* Border Size option
* Background Color
* Background Transparency
* Opera Mini Support
* Screen Capture in System Menu
* Scheduled Reboots
* Options Subpage Shortcut
* 'Larger' Font Option
* Added support for the CrunchSMS app
* Support for Pandora, Slacker, Lister, iHeartRadio
* Password Toggle Shortcut
* Menu Width Option
* Max Menu Item Text Length increased... to 25 characters
* Email Subject Header Option
* Automated Activation Code Support service at NikkiSoft website
* QuickLaunch Function Button Added
* Check For Update Function
* Allows for setting up 2 or 3 letter shortcuts (ex: CO = call office; SST = sms soccer team)
* Configurable Homescreen Hotkey - choose a letter or the spacebar to run Quicklaunch from your keypad while on the homescreen
* Websearch - Integrated search to the following search sites: Google, Yahoo, Bing, Amazon, eBay, BBC, Google News, Google Images, Youtube, IMDb, Dictionary, Thesaurus and Wikipedia
* Multi-click Launching by convenience key (double, triple or quadruple click to launch items) [Currently Tour Only - other devices soon!]
* Backlight Brightness Setting
* Bluetooth Toggle - Quickly Turn Bluetooth On / Off
* Profile Selector - Set a desired profile to your phone in 1 click
* Stay Lit - Keep your backlight on for as long as you want w/o dimming
* Camera Shutter Mute - turn off the camera shutter sound (not available on 9800 & 8300)
* Wifi Toggle
* Check for updates and download latest version directly from within QuickLaunch
* Backup / Restore to .txt file -No more lost menu configurations when upgrading your OS. The Menu List, Options and Activation Code can now be stored in a .txt on your SDCard and easily and reliably restored.
* Built-in Screen Capture function
* Launch Media
* Device Reboot
* Orientation / Tilt Lock (9800 and Storm only)
* Create Custom Submenus - Now you can organize your list in categories. You can even have submenus within submenus.
* Display Current Temperature - You can now display your local temperature (or just about any other city in the world) and Hi/Lo forecast information in the title bar.
* Yahoo Weather
* Add Items Alphabetically - Enable this option to add menu items in alphabetical order
* 3 Font sizes - Small, medium and large
* Power off device
* System Menu Integration - This option will allow you to add QL to the BlackBerry system menu a la 'CaptureIt'. An added bonus of this feature is that now QL can be run on top of some apps that it previously wasn't able to in the past such as Opera Mini.
* Improved Performance