New App: BBSAK (Swiss Army Knife) Beta! UPDATED v1.5 (8/18)
BBSAK BETA 1.5 RELEASED
This application is in the beta stages and we will continue to update as we release new versions. Just keep a watch on this thread. BB SAK was built as a JL Cmdr replacement tool with a more friendly GUI. It uses Javaloader to do its magic. I hope that you all will find it as useful as I do. Any thanks post there here in this thread. Also if you post on other sites please use the link provided here, so we can keep count of downloads.
Before we get into the details of v1.4 we want to thank everyone for spreading are app so quickly. We have big plans for the future of this app you can expect some big changes in the future (maybe not so near). Anyways onto the new version!
New to v1.5
• Kill Processes Button added (if your having trouble connecting click kill processes to close (BBdevmgr.exe and RimDevManager.exe both started by desktop manager)
• Full System Dump (Save ALL Cods on device) (Dump CODs)
• Save button added to Read System (saves all the file names to a SystemRead.txt)
• Save button added to Read Event Log (saves Event Log to EventLog.txt)
• ACCURATE Progress Bar added to 3rd Party Backup
• ACCURATE Progress Bar added to Full System Dump
• Files now displayed as they are being saved
• Can now Save Multiple CODs at one time
• Error handling added when Read and Save COD button is pushed with nothing selected
New to v1.4
We had some fun with cosmetics in this build...
• BBSAK now has a new icon
• AutoDetect Now changes image on BBSAK to whatever phone is connected
• Read System now includes Version and Size (can be sorted, still working on size sorting)
• ALX now includes version number (displays in applications menu on phone and bbdm)
• BBSAK now closes BBDevMgr.exe and RIMDeviceManger.exe before attempting to connect (these are started by bbdm and cause issues with BBSAK)
• Added ability to Read Event Log
• Added ability to Clear Event Log
New to v1.3
• Fixes bug with password protected devices
• New way to detect device implemented MUCH MORE efficient and accurat
• Radio is now temporarily disabled while backing up devices (turns back on when backup completed)
• Backup now creates .alx file (allows you to install from loader.exe/desktop manager) and wont give you trouble when using desktop manager
• Restore 3rd Party apps removed - with alx install in 1 step with loader.exe
• Ability to Read all Apps on the Blackberry (3rd party and stock)
• Ability to Save individual COD files (C:\Program Files\BBSAK\CODs\(App name)\cod file)
• Ability to Remove individual COD files (THEY WILL BE LOST FOR GOOD!)
• Ability to Load individual COD files (some require phone restarting others do not depends if app is running in background)
• Donate button! please donate if you appreciate our hard work!
• Wipe Blackberry leaving a 507 error
• Reset Blackberry to factory state removing any IT Policy
• Take Screenshots of your Blackberry (Screenshots stored in My Pictures\BBScreenies now)
• Auto-Detects if phone is plugged in first.
• Displays PIN so you know your connected.
• Will not let you do any actions until phone detected.
• Load OS will auto delete Vendor.xml and start Loader.exe. (BBDM is needed for this)
• Backup 3rd Party Apps*
• Restore 3rd Party Apps**
*Save to Program Files\BBSAK\Backup (only 1 backup at a time) Will prompt to make rename if backup already exits (click ok to see folder for name change)
**Restore within Loader.exe
I added this app to the Upgrade Guide....hoping you wouldn't mind, wowthatisrandom...
nope glad you did it!
Originally Posted by the.abyzz
Looks great. Does this tiny app work on Windows 7?
as long as you have .net 2.0 you shoul dhave no issues
Originally Posted by 654321ROD
Thanks for the efforts however I cannot piece together what factory reset might do. "Removing IT policy" sounds ominous. Is there an user guide ?
What does this do for you? IT Policy is now removed. Firewall options are, once again, configurable. Software restrictions enforced by membership on a BES, such as Event Injection being disabled, will now be configurable. However, if you decide to complete this process to bypass your BES security, when you reactivate on your BES server, it will push those same policies and restrictions back to your device. This utility is useful for post-BES usage and/or selling a clean device without BES-enforced restrictions.
Last edited by Bryan; 06-05-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Reason: removed line
I used it this morning again and the first time I tried to wipe the phone it didn't do it. The prgress bar went all the way up to 100%, but everything was still on the phone. I did it again 10 min later and it worked like a charm.
A pop up confirmation, or notification when the wipe is done might be a nice addition if your still diddling with it.