New App: BBSAK (Swiss Army Knife) Beta! - Page 5
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 263

Thread: New App: BBSAK (Swiss Army Knife) Beta!

  1. #81
    sunkast Guest
    Backing up third party applications with BBSAK

    1. Connect your phone to your computer
    2. Start BBSAK and enter your password if applicable
    3. Press the button labeled Backup Apps


    4. You will see a dialog box pop up saying your BlackBerry screen may flash during Backup.


    5. Now just sit back and wait for BBSAK to back up your third party apps.
    6. When completed you will see a dialog box saying 3rd Party Apps Backup Complete!



      If you look in the same folder that BBSAK is installed in (C:\Program Files\BBSAK or C:\Program Files (x86)\BBSAK for 64bit systems), you should see a new folder labeled Backup.



      And inside are all of the COD files for your third party applications.
    Last edited by sunkast; 07-28-2009 at 02:25 AM.




  2. #82
    wowthatisrandom's Avatar
    wowthatisrandom is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    222
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Backing up third party applications with BBSAK

    1. Connect your phone to your computer
    2. Start BBSAK and enter your password if applicable
    3. Press the button labeled Backup Apps


    4. You will see a dialog box pop up saying your BlackBerry screen may flash during Backup.


    5. Now just sit back and wait for BBSAK to back up your third party apps.
    6. When completed you will see a dialog box saying 3rd Party Apps Backup Complete!



      If you look in the same folder that BBSAK is installed in, you should see a new folder labeled Backup.



      And inside are all of the COD files for your third party applications.
    awesome write up thanks! maybe add to bryans post in the how tos?

  3. #83
    gordtm's Avatar
    gordtm is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    901
    Liked
    3 times
    Just tried the 3rd party backup and works great.
    BBSAK is like one stop shopping, does everything.

  4. #84
    Pblakeney's Avatar
    Pblakeney is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Coast
    Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    7.0.0.362
    Carrier
    VZW
    Posts
    336
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom View Post
    awesome write up thanks! maybe add to bryans post in the how tos?
    This is SUWEEEEAAAT. Thanks for all of the hard work on this fantastic application. I can't wait to use it in support of BBCrackmans work. It is great to see your suggestions brought to life.
    P. Blakeney

  5. #85
    mattyg151's Avatar
    mattyg151 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow mattyg151 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    PIN
    Keeps changing plz ask
    Device
    9700 / 9630 / 9550 / 9530
    Posts
    34
    Liked
    0 times
    can't wait to try this one out

  6. #86
    bob61 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .328
    Posts
    29
    Liked
    0 times
    Nice program - question on 3rd party back-up, should the .ALX file also be included?

  7. #87
    wowthatisrandom's Avatar
    wowthatisrandom is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    222
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bob61 View Post
    Nice program - question on 3rd party back-up, should the .ALX file also be included?
    no need for an alx... an alx is just a text file giving desktop manager instructions

  8. #88
    Jbermudez's Avatar
    Jbermudez is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    Ask It
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.230 by BBCrackman
    Posts
    179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bob61 View Post
    Nice program - question on 3rd party back-up, should the .ALX file also be included?
    You can restore your backup with the same program, but if you want you can do the .alx or .jad

    You only need the .cod for do it, and this software rocks for that, more easier that DM

    Apps:
    SmartAlerts, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, MeterBerry, QuickLaunch, BBFileScout, XContact, GoogleSync, IM+, S4A, CopyAll, Forward with Edit, Wallpaper Shuffle, ScoreMobile, Sensobi

  9. #89
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbermudez View Post
    You can restore your backup with the same program, but if you want you can do the .alx or .jad

    You only need the .cod for do it, and this software rocks for that, more easier that DM
    Couldn't agree more this was a must have app before and they made it even better.

  10. #90
    Jbermudez's Avatar
    Jbermudez is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    Ask It
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.230 by BBCrackman
    Posts
    179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Couldn't agree more this was a must have app before and they made it even better.
    Yes, this software makes our life easier

    Great, great job

    Apps:
    SmartAlerts, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, MeterBerry, QuickLaunch, BBFileScout, XContact, GoogleSync, IM+, S4A, CopyAll, Forward with Edit, Wallpaper Shuffle, ScoreMobile, Sensobi

  11. #91
    bob61 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .328
    Posts
    29
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom View Post
    no need for an alx... an alx is just a text file giving desktop manager instructions
    Thanks for the response.

  12. #92
    HarlyFan's Avatar
    HarlyFan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Powell, Ohio
    PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Posts
    469
    Liked
    0 times
    Just downloaded and it works GREAT! Thank you

  13. #93
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    I absolutely love the 3rd party app back up/restore part

    Great job, wowthatisrandom!!! :arms:

  14. #94
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    I wonder...if you backup apps a second time, do you need to delete the previous "backup" file first ?

  15. #95
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    I wonder...if you backup apps a second time, do you need to delete the previous "backup" file first ?
    here ya go Orio

    *Save to Program Files\BBSAK\Backup (only 1 backup at a time) Will prompt to make rename if backup already exits (click ok to see folder for name change)
    **Only restores from Program Files\BBSAK\Backup

  16. #96
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    here ya go Orio

    So I guess it would be easier to just delete "backup" file first then....right?

  17. #97
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Just used it for the first time while loading Lyrics newest cocktail, and it worked flawlessly !! Still have to use DM to backup/restore settings. But this seems to backup/ restore 3rd party apps very nicely...quicker too!!! and it doesn't leave some out. I LIKE it !!

  18. #98
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    Just used it for the first time while loading Lyrics newest cocktail, and it worked flawlessly !! Still have to use DM to backup/restore settings. But this seems to backup/ restore 3rd party apps very nicely...quicker too!!! and it doesn't leave some out. I LIKE it !!
    yeah it is really a great app that got better with this new feature

  19. #99
    zkhan is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    4.6
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times

    How To ?

    Hi Guys,

    First of all thanks a lot for this Utility. I would like to know what is the difference between Wipe Drive and Factory Reset ? and what's the function of "Install COD"?

    All I would like to do is Back up data, format my BlackBerry, reinstall new OS and restore the application.

    All your help is really appreciated.

    Thanks


    ZKhan

  20. #100
    wowthatisrandom's Avatar
    wowthatisrandom is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    222
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zkhan View Post
    Hi Guys,

    First of all thanks a lot for this Utility. I would like to know what is the difference between Wipe Drive and Factory Reset ? and what's the function of "Install COD"?

    All I would like to do is Back up data, format my BlackBerry, reinstall new OS and restore the application.

    All your help is really appreciated.

    Thanks


    ZKhan
    ok well

    factory reset is removing the IT policies from your phone usually applies only to BES users...

    wipe - wipes the entire OS (think of reformatting your computer)

    Load cod - will load specific cod files right onto your device no alx needed

    1. load blackberry desktop manager
    2. load device software

    3.backup your PIM data (addressbook/calendar/settings/etc) using blackberry desktop manager

    4.backup your 3rd party apps with BBSAK (this is anything you installed on you phone. ie gmail app, ubertwitter)

    5. use BBSAK wipe feature

    6. use bbsak Load feature (launches loader.exe to install device software u install on pc in step 2) takes ~15min (mostly hr glassing)

    7. restore 3rd party apps with bbsak

    8. restore PIM data with blackberry desktop manager

    9 enjoy

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •