Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 208 of 263

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Wow keep up the great work :fing02: I have no idea what goes into coding an app like this but I have an clue it is a lot :lmao: Thank you for you constant support as well
    Like Bryan said above about the coding this app, I have no idea what goes into it either. If getting rid of the Restore App button gives you the ability to expand this program into doing more things then by all means do it. I didn't know you had to give up that to get something else. You guys do awesome work. Thanks,



  2. #202
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom View Post

    and thanks sunkast for the tutorial
    Running my test backup/restores now just so I know exactly how to describe everything. One thing I think I am noticing is that the ALX doesn't create filesets for applications that has multiple cods. Not really a big issue. You just end up getting all the modules for a particular app listed as a separate app as well. The biggest downside to this is you have to remove each module/COD, whereas if it was a fileset, simply remove the one application would remove subsequent modules for that app. But for all I know, this could be done by you purposely.

    For example. BBWeather. It has the main app COD, plus BBUtil, and BBWeatherIcons. Both of these show up in applications installed and have to be removed separately from BBWeather.
    Last edited by sunkast; 08-08-2009 at 06:24 PM.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Running my test backup/restores now just so I know exactly how to describe everything. One thing I think I am noticing is that the ALX doesn't create filesets for applications that has multiple cods. Not really a big issue. You just end up getting all the modules for a particular app listed as a separate app as well. The biggest downside to this is you have to remove each module/COD, whereas if it was a fileset, simply remove the one application would remove subsequent modules for that app. But for all I know, this could be done by you purposely.

    For example. BBWeather. It has the main app COD, plus BBUtil, and BBWeatherIcons. Both of these show up in applications installed and have to be removed separately from BBWeather.
    hmm we will have to look further into this... the reason it is happening now like this is bc that the way they were saved when the backup happened...

    i appreciate the find!


    Quote Originally Posted by striker591
    Like Bryan said above about the coding this app, I have no idea what goes into it either. If getting rid of the Restore App button gives you the ability to expand this program into doing more things then by all means do it. I didn't know you had to give up that to get something else. You guys do awesome work.
    the reason we gave this way up is bc it doesnt allow you to remove or even see that apps are install when looking on your phone... while the install may seem easier or more obvious (bc its actually same difficulty) it doesnt seem prcatical (say your out and some app is acting up and u need to remove it, with the old method you cant with the new method u can)

    and olta

    v1.4 is coming soon got some little features added in but seems to me like theres some other things to look into



  4. #204
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    PIN
    304F+++
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0 ++++
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom View Post
    hmm we will have to look further into this... the reason it is happening now like this is bc that the way they were saved when the backup happened...

    i appreciate the find!




    the reason we gave this way up is bc it doesnt allow you to remove or even see that apps are install when looking on your phone... while the install may seem easier or more obvious (bc its actually same difficulty) it doesnt seem prcatical (say your out and some app is acting up and u need to remove it, with the old method you cant with the new method u can)

    and olta

    v1.4 is coming soon got some little features added in but seems to me like theres some other things to look into
    Any news for V1.4? Thanks.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by ancinca View Post
    Any news for V1.4? Thanks.
    tonights the night off lol... got drunk haha tomorrow we shall see where it takes us... a few things finished.. working on a few more

    maybe i should say no more releases until i get my social scope invite....



  6. #206
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    PIN
    304F+++
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0 ++++
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom View Post
    tonights the night off lol... got drunk haha tomorrow we shall see where it takes us... a few things finished.. working on a few more

    maybe i should say no more releases until i get my social scope invite....

    OK. no hurry. Enjoy yourself. have a nice sleep.

  7. #207
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom View Post
    and thanks sunkast for the tutorial
    Here you go. How to restore 3rd party apps.
    Last edited by sunkast; 08-09-2009 at 02:24 AM.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Very nice video John, well done.

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •