Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 169 to 176 of 263

  1. #169
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    PIN
    304F+++
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0 ++++
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom View Post
    it does NOT backup data ...yet we are looking into this as it is not a small feat but will keep you updated
    Thanks. I want to make a suggestion here as your reference. Is it possible to make the 'pop up' messages more accuracy (which shows the present procedure )? e.g. when you press 'wipe device'... aft. the warning message and few seconds, there is another message come out and say 'wipe is completed', but actually the device is wiping and will take several minutes to finish, after then, the '507' will come out. only at this time we can say' wipe is completed. Of course, the application itself has finished the job already, but not the device. Some other function keys have the same issue. It's not a big deal for people who are familiar with it, but for many 'beginners', it will confuse them. BBSAK is very user friendly, I hope it will be much more friendly to the users in the next version/upgrading.

    Thank you again for your time and efforts.
    Last edited by ancinca; 08-04-2009 at 11:41 AM.



  2. #170
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by ancinca View Post
    Thanks. I want to make a suggestion here as your reference. Is it possible to make the 'pop up' messages more accuracy (which shows the present procedure )? e.g. when you press 'wipe device'... aft. the warning message and few seconds, there is another message come out and say 'wipe is completed', but actually the device is wiping and will take several minutes to finish, after then, the '507' will come out. only at this time we can say' wipe is completed. Of course, the application itself has finished the job already, but not the device. Some other function keys have the same issue. It's not a big deal for people who are familiar with it, but for many 'beginners', it will confuse them. BBSAK is very user friendly, I hope it will be much more friendly to the users in the next version/upgrading.

    Thank you again for your time and efforts.
    the problem with making the wipe feature more accurate is the same problem that bbdm has... once the device restarts the computer no longer is connected to it... so there is no way to really make it more accurate which is why we give the warning "phone restarting"

    similar like the loader.exe when loading new os the thing pops up and says successfully completed yet your phone continues to hourglass for up to 20 min. so just no way around it...

    we tried our best to tell people what would happen

  3. #171
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Posts
    463
    I don't like the new beta. It lets you backup your apps all at one time but when you restore them you have to do them one at a time. Is there a way to restore them all at one time? I could have sworn the older version had a "Restore Apps" button. This one don't.



  4. #172
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker951 View Post
    I don't like the new beta. It lets you backup your apps all at one time but when you restore them you have to do them one at a time. Is there a way to restore them all at one time? I could have sworn the older version had a "Restore Apps" button. This one don't.
    it now has an alx to load via thru desktop manager... that way u can load all in one feel swoop with the OS (less restarts)

  5. #173
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom View Post
    it now has an alx to load via thru desktop manager... that way u can load all in one feel swoop with the OS (less restarts)
    Thanks a lot for that. But I do like the old version better where you didn't need Desktop Manager.



  6. #174
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker951 View Post
    Thanks a lot for that. But I do like the old version better where you didn't need Desktop Manager.
    we removed the feature bc it didnt allow u to uninstall or view any info about the apps loaded thru bbsak... the loader.exe can be used also
    Last edited by wowthatisrandom; 08-07-2009 at 10:04 PM.

  7. #175
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Posts
    184
    I have to say the level of end user tools we are seeing today from the dev world is amazing. BBSAK is a very simple and easy to use, add to that Lyricidal's tools for Srhink, Build, Swap pieces.

    When I was a WinMobile user in the summer or 2007 I did a comparison of what it was going to take to learn the BB world, I put it on hold for while but ultimately big the bullet and picked up the 8330/8820 on AT&T, I immediately felt the solid performance of RIM's devices. The Bold was next a year later and things have only gotten better. I view the constant changes in the market as a huge benefit and if not for all of the great dev tools (donation via PayPal is a great way to do it) really reminds developers that we do not take for granted what they do for us for free. Right BBCrackman and cohorts.

  8. #176
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Powell, Ohio
    PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Posts
    469
    Am I the only one who feels that the last beta was easier to use for the guy who does not live his life on his BB and just wants to do the occasional update? I think it was much more straight forward and easier to understand and you did not have to use BBDM to install your app backups..... Just my opinion

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •