Quicklaunch 2.x does NOT work properly on .148/5.0.0.93 hybrid
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Quicklaunch 2.x does NOT work properly on .148/5.0.0.93 hybrid

  1. #1
    654321ROD's Avatar
    654321ROD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    PIN
    4U2C
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.246
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times

    Quicklaunch 2.x does NOT work properly on .148/5.0.0.93 hybrid

    This software will not run on a 148 / 5.0.0.93 hybrid and it would appear the software developer is not particularly interested in our Problem !




  2. #2
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 654321ROD View Post
    This software will not run on a 148 / 5.0.0.93 hybrid and it would appear the software developer is not particularly interested in our Problem !
    There is always shortcutme Shanes favorite app to advertise lol. But yeah cheetah doesnt like to do more then what he has to it seems

  3. #3
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    moved to the right forum.
    BlackBerry by Choice!

  4. #4
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    he loves to take your money though.

  5. #5
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    he loves to take your money though.
    He did push out an update from 1.4 to 1.5 when you spoke with him on a serious note

  6. #6
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    I am still upset that I had to pay the buck 99....cause it ended up costing $6.99, where else when people buy it now, it's only $4.99

  7. #7
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    I am still upset that I had to pay the buck 99....cause it ended up costing $6.99, where else when people buy it now, it's only $4.99
    I couldnt agree with you more! granted I understand the work he put into it but the long time customers are getting screwed. he shouldn't be up charging if his not going to raise the sticker price.

  8. #8
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 654321ROD View Post
    This software will not run on a 148 / 5.0.0.93 hybrid and it would appear the software developer is not particularly interested in our Problem !
    to answer your question,

    yes he has issued a FREE fix for the screen flicker on os .141 and higher. It's V1.5. If you want the extra features he's included in 2.0 then yes you have to pay IF you purchased before april 1st/09. If purchased after it's free!

  9. #9
    654321ROD's Avatar
    654321ROD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    PIN
    4U2C
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.246
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times

    Quicklaunch

    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    to answer your question,

    yes he has issued a FREE fix for the screen flicker on os .141 and higher. It's V1.5. If you want the extra features he's included in 2.0 then yes you have to pay IF you purchased before april 1st/09. If purchased after it's free!
    I have version 1.5 which operates well and problem free. However I purchased 2.00 as an upgrade, which as a matter of interest is up to vers 2.04 in a period of a week,such are the issues, nevertheless version 2.x will not load and run on after trying every conceivable recommendation on the various threads relating to this software. I have given up!!

  10. #10
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 654321ROD View Post
    I have version 1.5 which operates well and problem free. However I purchased 2.00 as an upgrade, which as a matter of interest is up to vers 2.04 in a period of a week,such are the issues, nevertheless version 2.x will not load and run on after trying every conceivable recommendation on the various threads relating to this software. I have given up!!
    Did you delete 1.5 first? 2.0 and up will not install properly unless 1.5 is deleted and phone is rebooted

  11. #11
    trunk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Posts
    190
    Liked
    0 times
    lol kinda sad selling software that doesnt work, though i have spoke with him many times about the original quicklaunch and i still think its the best app out there for the storm by far. i think ill stick to the 1.x version, it does what i need it to do

  12. #12
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    I found that QuickLaunch works just fine on default theme...I wonder if custom themes ruin it

  13. #13
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    is this app really worth it ? i was looking at it today and was thinking about buying it but not sure just yet.

  14. #14
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    is this app really worth it ? i was looking at it today and was thinking about buying it but not sure just yet.
    I think so check out the mini review I did for it and see if that helps

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/3...-0-review.html

  15. #15
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I think so check out the mini review I did for it and see if that helps

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/3...-0-review.html
    oh thanks i will go read it right now :deal:

    oh i hit 200 post score lol
    Last edited by Kris; 06-03-2009 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Cause I Wanted 2

  16. #16
    654321ROD's Avatar
    654321ROD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    PIN
    4U2C
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.246
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times

    Quicklaunch 2.x

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Did you delete 1.5 first? 2.0 and up will not install properly unless 1.5 is deleted and phone is rebooted
    Yes I did uinstall vers 1.5 and I am using the default Zen theme. Thanks for your input. To echo Trunk, vers 1.5 works very well and I would highly recommend it. Vers 2.x is another story
    Last edited by 654321ROD; 06-03-2009 at 02:24 PM.

  17. #17
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 654321ROD View Post
    Yes I did uinstall vers 1.5 and I am using the default Zen theme. Thanks for your input. To echo Trunk, vers 1.5 works very well and I would highly recommend it. Vers 2.x is another story
    Wow I am sorry it doesn't work for you. 2.0 by far has been the best update to any app that I have on my berry. I actually didn't uses 1.5 very much but 2.0 I am using all the time. Love the addition of the reboot, screen capture and sub menu's.

  18. #18
    PeterA is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    storm
    OS
    .148
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Try ShortcutMe. It is by far the best shortcut application for BlackBerry. It has no problem running on any OS, official or unofficial. It is fast and it's developer said recently that they will give all of their customers free software upgrade until march 2010.

    Get it's free trial from here:
    ShortcutMe, Fastest BlackBerry Shortcut Application - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

  19. #19
    Ukyo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Ukyo On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bay area
    PIN
    304934F6
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v8 (.151 base)
    Posts
    196
    Liked
    0 times
    Did you try the new QL 2.05? I've never had any issues beyond the flicker problem but I've always updated the app whenever there was an update.

  20. #20
    654321ROD's Avatar
    654321ROD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    PIN
    4U2C
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.246
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times

    Quicklaunch

    Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo View Post
    Did you try the new QL 2.05? I've never had any issues beyond the flicker problem but I've always updated the app whenever there was an update.
    I`m staying with vers 1.5 which works well.

    Versions 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.07 2.08 I have paid for, attempted to install and no go.
    Last edited by 654321ROD; 06-19-2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Update

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •