Dropbox for BlackBerry Updated to 1.0.37
Dropbox for BlackBerry has been updated to version 1.0.37. I have to say this ranks in the top 5 most used apps on my BlackBerry as well as my PC. I have found Dropbox an invaluable tool for both business and personal use. I no longer have to carry around thumb drives and worry that I have misplaced them or lost them. With Dropbox I have access to my files where ever I go.
Head on over to Dropbox.com and give it a try, and did I mention that when you sign up you get a FREE 2Gb account? You can also build it up to 10 Gb!
Here are some the the fixes in the new version:
- saving non-ascii texts results in garbled text
- handling of edge cases when running out of space on sd card and in device memory
- open-edit-upload usecase wasn’t working for devices with encryption enabled
- share link freezes for some users
- open-edit-upload usecase fails for files with non-ascii filenames
- “would you like to allow logging” dialog shouldn’t appear on first launch
- on rotatable devices, in image gallery, the displayed/cached image is smaller than screen size (shouldn’t happen)
- app should ask for permissions in advance on first launch
- app should support multiple third-party app associations for a given file type (e.g multiple pdf viewers)
- music/video stops when screen fades out
- user gets a “not enough room to write file” message when trying to open a file that’s already open in docs2go
If you use Dropbox already, download the upgrade today.
Last edited by Neolantis; 12-23-2010 at 03:33 AM.
Nice, this is a awesome app for people who want a mini server to be able to transfer from your phone, or even to another computer.
I use it for a lot of documents! Much of my screenplays and other writing gets saved automatically from my laptop to dropbox. If I ever run into someone that wants to read anything I've done, I can access my files and email them out from my BlackBerry. You can't do that with a jump drive. Love it!
Yea, it's great for the smaller files cause they don't take hours to load. I would not recommend trying to sync a movie unless you aren't in a hurry. lol