I like the fact it aligns the text to fit the screen so you don't have to scroll side to side to read text. That's why it reloads when you go from landscape to portrait.
tip if u dont like pressing yes to connect to internet every time. Go to options applications highlight bolt edit permissions, connectioions . Select internet and select prompt. Then go to fire wall settings and select enable then save
I love the Bolt browser. However, I cannot wait for Skyfire to come out officially.
Cool. Great tip.
Originally Posted by RANDYRKELLY
I have 9530. I was using Bolt happily on 8830 & it was a dream come true. But on 9530, I am unable to do anything. The font size is micro.. unable to change it. Also I am unable to scroll bookmarks or type them as there is no pointer on storm..
Can someone guide how he has used on Storm pls
Thanks in adv
Did you try changing the settings by pulling up the menu & selecting preferences? I've never had a problem changing the settings.
look at ur settings and do u have the beta 3
Originally Posted by clive
Bolt Browser - FAQ
Tell me about BOLT beta3's new features.
Thanks to all of the great feedback we've received from our beta testers, we are happy to announce a new release that fulfills many user requests. BOLT Beta3 includes a host of new features and bug fixes designed to improve usability and stability, including:
- - Upgraded and faster WebKit4 based server
- - BOLT lite, a lightweight build for entry-level platforms, retaining the key elements of BOLT's feature set
- - Cyrillic language and font support, including extensible server-based language pack support
- - Inline text entry. This means you can type text directly into forms and Web pages.
- - Support for copy-paste
- - Rich text rendering with support for Bold and Italic text formatting
- - Support for Socket transfer protocol
- - Enhanced Favorites management – rearrange your Favorite entries using the 'Grab' feature
- - Automatic detection of device security capabilities; HTTPS is disabled and BOLTs lightweight encryption is used if the device does not support HTTPS security mechanism
- - Ability to disable images in Web pages for even faster page load speeds and reduced data cost
- - Improved split-screen rendering that utilizes faster and more optimized scaling algorithms
- - Page information dialog to view detailed information on the Web page you are viewing
- - Built-in bug report dialog in BOLT help
- - Non JSR-75 Build for BB platforms
- - A new RSS list dialog that categorizes feeds for easy viewing
- - Improved support for file upload feature
- - Improved one click BOLT dialog scrolling
- - Enhanced inline frame scrolling
- - BlackBerry-specific settings confirmation improvement for Preferences page
- - Improved page Stop feature
- - Improved page load speeds
Tags for this Thread