Another Twitter Client for BlackBerry Coming Soon
There has been a buzz going on around Twitter for awhile about a new twitter application called 'Blaq' (@Blaq). Blaq has been in privite beta for a few months now and has entered this years Super Apps Developer contest. According to their website "It is a feature-rich Twitter client for BlackBerry that brings the best of all worlds with the functionality you need, but also the stunning visuals that you’ve always yearned for."
Blaq offers quite a full feature set in addition to tight integration with the BlackBerry device itself. Here is a rundown of some of the features that Blaq has to offer:
- Multiple account support.
- The Home, Mention and DM timelines are all loaded side by side, and can even be set to refresh at different intervals in the settings menu.
- The top icon dock, or “Top Shelf” as they call it, can be hidden or shown with a simple press of the space bar on keyboard devices without ever losing your place in the timeline.
- Easily noticeable Mentions and DMs in your timeline with prominent blue and green identifiers, respectively (see screenshots below).
- DMs and Mentions are integrated with the Messages App.
- BlaqOut, a filtering or "muting" feature.
Other than the list above, it seems that there is quite a lot more Blaq can do. By looking at the screenshots below, you can tell that some time went into designing the user interface. I have been pretty excited to see this application hit the street since first running across it. Since I use multiple Twitter accounts myself (I have 5 of them, bit of a twitter-holic), it will be nice to have them all in one application instead of the three I use daily. With the slick looking UI it is sure to be my favorite Twitter app. According to their website it looks like it will be tentatively released this Friday.
While there are a host of other Twitter applications out for the BlackBerry platform, this one seems to be very well thought out, feature rich, tightly integrated with the device, and visually appealing. Looks to me that UberTwitter and SocialScope will have some stiff competition. Take a look for yourself at their web site.
So what do you think about Blaq? Will it become the new king of Twitter clients for BlackBerry?
Blaq is awesome. I love the quick tweet feature. The application doesn't have to be running for me to be able to tweet quickly.
Who ever is working on this app should make us a Facebook app next.
Sounds like it will be pretty sweet, too bad I'm not a big twitter user.
Posted via mobile device
Last edited by MJS; 09-08-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Tags for this Thread