QuickLaunch Updated to v3.0 for Everyone!!!!
It looks like NikkiSoft has finally release v3.0 to use non-touch users. As you know, QuickLaunch v3.0 was release a few days ago, however it was only launched for touchscreen devices. Originally TrackPad/Ball users got the big shaft, but today that all changed.
If you already have QuickLaunch this will be a $1.99 upgrade for you. If not, QL is not that expensive of an application and is WAY worth it. Check out the link below to purchase your very own copy, and if you are already using v3.0 let us know what you think about it.
New Features Added to v3.0 of QuickLaunch:
- Alternate Launch Methods
- Border Size option
- Background Color
- Background Transparency
- Opera Mini Support
- Screen Capture in System Menu
- Scheduled Reboots
- Options Subpage Shortcut
- 'Larger' Font Option
- Added support for the CrunchSMS app
- Support for Pandora, Slacker, Lister, iHeartRadio
- Password Toggle Shortcut
- Menu Width Option
- Max Menu Item Text Length increased... to 25 characters
- Email Subject Header Option
- Automated Activation Code Support service at NikkiSoft website
- QuickLaunch Function Button Added
- Check For Update Function
- Allows for setting up 2 or 3 letter shortcuts (ex: CO = call office; SST = sms soccer team)
- Configurable Homescreen Hotkey - choose a letter or the spacebar to run Quicklaunch from your keypad while on the homescreen
- Websearch - Integrated search to the following search sites: Google, Yahoo, Bing, Amazon, eBay, BBC, Google News, Google Images, Youtube, IMDb, Dictionary, Thesaurus and Wikipedia
- Multi-click Launching by convenience key (double, triple or quadruple click to launch items) [Currently Tour Only - other devices soon!
- Backlight Brightness Setting
- Bluetooth Toggle - Quickly Turn Bluetooth On / Off
- Profile Selector - Set a desired profile to your phone in 1 click
- Stay Lit - Keep your backlight on for as long as you want w/o dimming
- Camera Shutter Mute - turn off the camera shutter sound
- Wifi Toggle
- Check for updates and download latest version directly from within QuickLaunch
- Backup / Restore to .txt file -No more lost menu configurations when upgrading your OS. The Menu List, Options and Activation Code can now be stored in a .txt on your SDCard and easily and reliably restored.
- Built-in Screen Capture function - QuickLaunch now includes it's own screen capture capability generating a high quality image. After the image is taken you have the option of immediately emailing it.
- Launch Media
- Device Reboot
- Orientation / Tilt Lock (Storm only)
- Create Custom Submenus - Now you can organize your list in categories. You can even have submenus within submenus.
- Display Current Temperature - You can now display your local temperature (or just about any other city in the world) and Hi/Lo forecast information in the title bar.
- Yahoo Weather
- Add Items Alphabetically - Enable this option to add menu items in alphabetical order
- 3 Font sizes - Small, medium and large
- Power off device
- System Menu Integration - This option will allow you to add QL to the BlackBerry system menu a la 'CaptureIt'. An added bonus of this feature is that now QL can be run on top of some apps that it previously wasn't able to in the past such as Opera Mini.
- Improved Performance
Last edited by TheOnlyJrod; 08-08-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Ok, I don't get it. I've clicked on the upgrade link a half dozen times, followed the login, and it still wants $4.99? What am I missing?
Wish I would have brought from here
I am still waiting for App World to approve the app..
Not released for the Tour yet!
Good news is I finally got the update to work. Bad news is the 3.0 that BBOS is currently offering is NOT for the Tour! No matter what the store says, even though it lists the Tour 9630, it is not for the Tour. It is the version for the Storm. After a couple of 1am emails with Nikkisoft, they nicely let me know that the Tour version has NOT been released yet, but should be in the next few days. Save your $1.99 for a while, this will not work on your Tour. :irked:
Originally Posted by PROB1
quicklaunch 3.0 issue
i don"t know what is going on. when i add media-pictures or media-music or media-ringtones to my list, instead of going to that particular selection, it goes to the entire media folder. is anybody else having this prblem? if so, is there a fix? i am running mark hayes v2 hybrid for my 9550. any enlightenment would be appreciated.:aargh4:
Tags for this Thread