QuickLaunch Updated to v2.21.4
We have some more good new on the application front today. QuickLaunch made by Nikkisoft, has just been updated to v2.21.4, and its about time!
QuickLaunch is an app that allows you to setup an unlimited number shortcuts to various functions such as Websites, Email, SMS and PIN addresses, Phone numbers, 3rd Party Apps, Videos, Images, Audio files, Screen Capture, Device Info, Weather, Bluetooth and WiFi Toggle, Camera and much more! In addition to these you can also launch Blackberry Options, Calculator, Calendar, Tasks and even the App Switcher. Configure a convenience key to activate QuickLaunch and when pushed a menu will pop up showing a scrollable list of your configured actions. QuickLaunch, which might I add, was voted best productivity application of 2009.
This app is one that I personally do not think I could live without. If you are a current QuickLaunch owner or you are considering buying QL, make sure you check out the feature list added in our forums.
- Website Launcher - Launch your favorite websites quickly
- Speed Dialer - Add your frequently dialed numbers to QuickLaunch Email, SMS and Pin address shortcuts
- 3rd Party and Blackberry Apps Launcher - Launch your favorite apps from QuickLaunch
- Camera Mute - Turn off the sound of the camera shutter (not available 83xx devices)
- Orientation / Tilt Lock - Prevent your screen from switching orientation when you tilt the phone (Storm only)
- Screen Capture - Capture the screen in a high quality image (png or jpg format) with an option to email it immediately
- 3 Letter Shortcuts - assign shortcuts to 1-3 characters
- Multi-Click Launching - Launch QuickLaunch items using single, double or triple click of a convenience key!
- Web Search - Google, Yahoo, Bing, Amazon ,eBay, BBC, YouTube, Wikipedia, Google Images, BBC, Google News, IMDb, Dictionary, Thesaurus
- Backlight Brightness - Set the desired Backlight level of your screen.
- SMS Inbox - Quickly access your sms inbox (not avail on Storm)
- MMS Inbox - Quickly access your mms inbox
- BBM, Yahoo Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger, Pandora, Google Talk, MSN Messenger Support
- Background Image - Skin your QuickLaunch by loading an image!
- GPS Toggle - Quickly turn your GPS on/off.
- Configurable Homescreen Hotkey - Run QL by hitting a letter on the keypad from your homescreen.
- Sound Profile Selector - Quickly select a sound profile
- Flashlight Use your Blackberry device as a Flashlight! (uses vid cam light)
- Send Emails to Contact Groups
- Bluetooth Toggle - Turn your bluetooth radio on or off
- WiFi On/Off Toggle
- GPS Config - Shortcut to the GPS Config screen
- Display Current Temperature - You can display your local temperature (or just about any other city in the world) and Hi/Lo forecast information in the title bar.
- Device Information - PIN, OS Version, Battery Status, Memory, Media card info etc
- Stay Lit - Keep your back light on for as long as you need
- Memory Cleaner
- App Switcher
- Sound Profiles
- Launch documents such as .doc, .xls, .pdf, .ppt etc. (requires 3rd party reader)
- Contact List
- Camera and Video Camera
- Images, Videos, Music
- Integrated Google, Wikipedia and Dictionary.com search
- Delete your Call Logs
- BlackBerry Options, Calendar, Calculator, Clock, Tasks, Maps, Lock Device, Power Off, New Memo etc
- Device Reboot
- Bluetooth Configuration
- Event Log
- Radio Toggle - Turn your Mobile Connection on / off
- Homescreen shortcut - Jump to the homescreen with one click
- Voice Notes and Voice Dialing
- Ability to change Menu Text Color
- Backup and Restore QuickLaunch configuration to SDCard or device memory for quick easy restoration
- Launch Media Explorer
- [BCreate Custom Submenus[/B] - Organize your list in categories. You can even have submenus within submenus.
- New Appointment, Compose Email, Compose PIN, Compose SMS, New Contact, and New Task.
- Yahoo Weather
- 3 Font sizes - Small, medium and large
- System Menu Integration - This option will allow you to add QL to the BlackBerry system menu and will show ‘QuickLaunch’ in every menu on your device.
- and more!
Last edited by TheOnlyJrod; 07-22-2010 at 12:25 AM.
I don't think this is available yet. MobiHand Powered Stores still send the 2.21.2 version. At least my account is still showing the last version I updated to
Mine shows that too. But on the main page it says "v2.10 to 2.21.4"
Look in BBOS Store.
Last edited by TheOnlyJrod; 07-22-2010 at 12:25 AM.
:yo: I was wanting to purchas Quick Launch but I am not sure if it is right tool for my BlackBerry 8900 can someone help me out let me know if its a good tool & can it be transferred over to the 9700 if I purchas new BlackBerry in few months.
Quick Launch is a fantastic tool, and yes, when you get a new BB, you can transfer it to the new phone. All you need to do is update your pin number in BBOS store.
I still don't see the new version on mobihand....?
Posted via mobile device
Unable to see new upgrade on Mobihand as well.. How do we go about upgrading? Hope current users get the upgrade free.
Not sure. QL posted that they are upto .4 but I can not downloading it either. I wonder what is up.
I think that is for 9700??? not for ST
Tags for this Thread