Move over beta...eBay for BlackBerry is officially here!
Today RIM has announced that eBay for BlackBerry is official. Sitting at 126.96.36.199, the UI is very smooth, and loading times are pretty instantaneous. I have to tip my hat off too RIM for doing such a great job with this app. Mauricio over @BBrocks stumbled across the updated features on the BlackBerry support page, and the list is as follows:
- Push capabilities on your BlackBerry® smartphone– know when there’s a change in an item’s status
- Works with other BlackBerry® applications – receive reminders in your calendar and status updates in your message list
- A high-quality eBay® experience on your BlackBerry® smartphone
- Review your sale items, view items that have sold, and relist items
- Search, bid, buy and watch – do it all from just about anywhere
- My eBay activity summary – keep a close eye on all your activities
- PayPal® compatible – pay for your item right from your BlackBerry smartphone
- Free, easy access – download on the BlackBerry App World™ storefront
New features in the latest version:
- View all scheduled items for sale, active items, and all sold and unsold items
- Ability to relist items for sale when current auction ends with no sale
- As a buyer, ask the seller a question from within the listing
- As a seller, reply to the buyer’s question
Note: The eBay® application for BlackBerry® smartphones requires the following: 1. Activation with data plan including, Internet browsing capability, 2. BlackBerry smartphone with at least 64-MB of application memory (with at least 1000KB available), 3. BlackBerry® Device Software v4.5 or higher, 4. An eBay account in good standing.