WARNING - VLINGO updated 3.0 Read before downloading
Please note if you like Vlingo and use it I would not recommend downloading the upgrade without going to their website and looking at the advantages of upgrading before you do it. I just upgraded to the 3.0 now they want me to pay $18.00 to upgrade to premium to be able to use it for texting and e-mail which was free.
To be honest i havent looked at the advantages of going to Vlingo premium but to update the program and remove features that have been free in the past just isnt sitting right with me. I either need to try and figure out if i can downgrade or i need to remove it because without that feature it's just a voice dialing app.
Yes, you can go back to version 2 of Vlingo
Hi there gatewayad,
Originally Posted by gatewayad
Yes you can download back to version 2 of Vlingo.... to do so:
To revert to Vlingo 2.0 or 2.1:
1. First, delete Vlingo 3.0 (on most phones, go to BB Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> Menu -> Delete). Vlingo does not support downloading 2.x to a phone already running 3.0.
2. Reboot your phone by removing the battery.
3. Determine the operating system (OS) version of your BlackBerry. This can be determined by clicking on Options -> About. The first entry will show your phone model and operating system version. For example, "BlackBerry 8130 smartphone (CDMA) v18.104.22.168." In this case, the operating system version is 4.3 (note that not all 8130s are running 4.3).
4. Download the appropriate version of Vlingo 2.0/2.1 directly to your BlackBerry (not to your desktop) from one of these links:
* OS 4.7 (Storm) & 4.6: http://www.vlingo.com/apps/vc_oldcli...ckBerry_en.jad
* OS 4.3 & 4.5: http://www.vlingo.com/apps/vc_oldcli...ckBerry_en.jad
* OS 4.2: http://www.vlingo.com/apps/vc_oldcli...ckBerry_en.jad